I finally come to write this review after almost a year after having been at LUCE D'ALMA RESORT. I think it's right to make clear some points, in order to help people to be sure about what to expect when selecting LUCE D'ALMA instead of other structures at Gili.
I happened to be there on honey moon, last October 2013. Gili Islands were the last part of our tour, started from Singapore, through Bali and Lombok island. Sincerely, this at Gili was the only disappointing experience of our long trip through Indonesian kindness and high quality standard services.
And, unfortunately, LUCE D'ALMA was one of the reason. To start with, the category RESORT really cannot be appropriate to this small and roughly equipped structure.
After 20 days being hosted in real 4 or 5 stars resorts through Indonesia, I can simply state the a scarce 3 stars-level could be associated to LUCE D'ALMA, for many reasons: the rooms equipment, the poor cleaning service, the modest professionality (maybe absent) of the staff employed, the awful and dirty beach allotments provided by the hotel, the total amenity of the location placed so far from the seaside and from all services and venues (not to mention the old and broken bycicles given to hotel guests, poor vehicles unable to ride the unpaved and wild routes around the hotel). The illusion about the food - we booked half board service there, hoping that Italian property would be a good sign - was soon vanished when we were proposed a very basic and poor menu choice, served in a way that resembled more a bar than a supposed 4-stars resort..... quite dirty the table equipment, the so-called waiters wearing worn and dirty clothes (the staff is the same for cleaning, gardening, cooking, serving, etc.) speaking a bad english .... a nightmare ! To end with, the first - and only one - night we spent there we ask for some DVDs provided by the hotel: when we tryed them on the room TV we realised ... that they were pirates, and you could not see anything .... this was real unprofessional !!!
Well, on the afternoon of the second day - after a long search through the island - we decided to leave LUCE DALMA, even if it had already been paid, and moved to VILA OMBOK: a real 4-stars resort, in front of the sea, and fortunately we concluded there our honeymoon, happily and beautifully set and serviced. Please, unless you are camping-passionates and adventure lovers, do not chose LUCE D'ALMA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luce d'Alma is the newest resort to open its doors on the island of Gili Trawangan. This beautiful resort is surrounded by dancing coconut palms and is built around its private 230 foot long pool. Each room has direct access to the pool from its own terrace. If you are an ocean lover for your daily swim this resort's own private beach is just five minutes from your villa door. All the villas are elegantly furnished and come with: tv, dvd, air conditioning, mini bar, safety box, coffee and tea making, fresh hot water shower and bathtub, bathrobe, hairdryer, idd telephone, free bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Luce d'Alma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luce d`Alma Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Luce d`Alma Resort And Spa
- Luce D'Alma Resort & Spa Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan