We spent the second part of our honeymoon here and we had a very nice time. We were happy the hotel is set in a more quiet place on the island, because some parts near the beach can get crowded (especially at the end of June- beginning of July).
Hotel is cute, charming and beautiful. Especially the staff and Antonio the owner make this place a second home! Rooms are spacious and beautifully designed. Only the bathroom was a bit disappointing because of a rather bad smell (bad plumming?) and really a lot lot of flies. I know it's the tropics, so I never complain about bugs, but the amount of flies was sometimes annoying. But just tell the staff and they are more than willing to clean it up for you. Food is really good here, especially if you like Italian food. What we found very impressive is that many staff member spoke excellent Italian!! Not surprising that we sometimes felt being in "little Italy" ;-) which was very amusing!
Swimming pool is amazing and very relaxing after a day at the beach! still i wouldn't recommend this place for honeymooners, because you don't have a lot of privacy. The bungalows are all facing the pool, so when you open the curtains or go swimming you're almost certain to see the staff walking by or other guests at the pool. Which is in itself not a problem of course!! But on a honeymoon it might be.
Still, we had an amazing time at the gorgeous gili's and Luce d'alma is a cute gem of a resort on this mostly backpacker's island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luce d'Alma is the newest resort to open its doors on the island of Gili Trawangan. This beautiful resort is surrounded by dancing coconut palms and is built around its private 230 foot long pool. Each room has direct access to the pool from its own terrace. If you are an ocean lover for your daily swim this resort's own private beach is just five minutes from your villa door. All the villas are elegantly furnished and come with: tv, dvd, air conditioning, mini bar, safety box, coffee and tea making, fresh hot water shower and bathtub, bathrobe, hairdryer, idd telephone, free bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Luce d'Alma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luce d`Alma Resort And Spa
- Luce d`Alma Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Luce D'Alma Resort & Spa Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan