“Fantastic!”
Review of Secret Garden

Secret Garden
Ranked #30 of 170 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Secret Garden on Gili T is a fabulous place to stay! It is safe, clean, comfortable, quaint, quiet and inexpensive. But the best thing about Secret Garden was the helpful staff, especially Iwan, the manager. Iwan and his staff were friendly, happy and polite. We would highly recommend Secret Garden!! Lisa & Greg

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peach64

Reviewed 18 February 2014

It really is a secret garden! Its very private and secluded hidden right in the heart of Gili T! I was shocked when the staff showed me to my room. I could not believe such a gem existed. Gili T can get crazy... Its a fun island, no doubt. Its important to have a little place to call your own and chill... Secret Garden is a rare find! The staff is on duty 24/7. They are good people. They are professional and respectful. I felt very at ease staying by myself at Secret Garden. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and nice with A/C and a TV/DVD. The rooms have stained glass windows and your own private patio overlooking the lovely gardens. Location is perfect. Its right there in the middle of everything - by the beach and all the restaurants, dive shops, bars, etc... I'm so glad I found the Secret Garden and I strongly recommend to anyone. Best of both worlds. You are right in the middle of all the action and have a nice, quiet place to stay. I've been to Gili T many times and Secret Garden is one of the very best.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank B C
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Great location: close to the bars, restaurants and the beach. Very helpful staff. The breakfast was delicious and it was in a restaurant near the hotel. The team went into the room to make the bed and clean the bathroom while we were having coffee. the only complaint I have is that the amount charged is due to the air-conditioned, but the air does not work properly. Not bad, but lacking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sofiaaroth
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I was travelling solo but met someone on my travels and we decided to stay at Secret Garden together. We were very happy with our stay there. The room was clean, the air con worked fine and the guys were super helpful and friendly. If we needed anything they either escorted us or pointed us in the right direction. They also helped us with our awesome and very cheap snorkelling trip around the three islands. Excellent location: right by the harbour/beach but off the main drag enough to be able to get to sleep early.

The breakfast was ok. Simple but filling.

All in all a very good experience.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Habiba S
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights and the staff were the most friendly bunch of people we have come across - always chatting to us and doing anything they could to help us. The breakfast we had included at the local restaurant was really good.
Only downside was that there was no swimming pool and our rooms were not cleaned every day(bins weren't emptied, floor not cleaned) only the beds made.
Was a brilliant place to stay overall and would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Nixk1
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I just passed by with my Backpacks on me, The guy from the reception friendly shouted at me to stay at his hotel!! I looked inside and it was stunning, the Garden is beautiful , the Staff is very friendly, the breakfast is good, and also if you need any help.. they will help you ,no matter what… they called for me an Indonesian guy to check on my tickets on the boat since i was lost. Thanks for that! The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The price is also reasonable for 30 Dollars you won't find anything better here. The 2 Minute walk to the beach, will safe you 20 Dollars, just go for the Secret Garden. Also there is Security so you don't have to worrie about your stuff in your room. You can borrow some DVDs if ur bored. But Gili never gets Boring. I had a very nice 4 Days stay, and i can't complain.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hubhac
Reviewed 7 November 2013

It'sClean, it's safe, the staff are helpful and friendly,it's inexpensive. While not far the beach and the main drag its a little slice of peace and quiet
Air con,and a hammock.
What's not to like?
Breakfast is included at Egotist restaurant on the Main Street.
Turn left out the door and left again.
Other restaurants,bars, shopping right around the corner

• Stayed: October 2013