All reviews outdoor bathroom gili t muesli bars restaurants garden view pancakes hot water yummy breakfast breakfast was included location was perfect beach chairs sea turtles hire bikes every morning rooms are nice definitely recommend this place we loved our stay
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend loved it here!
The owner is very friendly and gives you a warm welcome. Location is perfect straight at the beach and near by all the restaurants.
Breakfast is at Bale Sampan is fantastic, the serve your breakfast at your room if you want.
Transfer from and to Gili T war perfectly arranged by private speedboat en taxi. (€30,- 2 persons)
Rudy thanks for a lovely stay!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We had Room number 1 with a sea view and I cannot complain one bit. The room was clean and spacious, the staff were extremely friendly and breakfast was delicious. Their beach furniture was also very comfortable. They provide free bottled water daily, a beach towel as well as two sized bathroom towels each. I definitely recommend this place to other couples.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I'm so glad we chose to stay at Bale Sampan. It was perfect in every aspect. For starters, the location (in my opinion) was ideal - far enough from the "downtown" action but not too far that it wasn't an enjoyable 10-15 minute walk. Our room and the property were very nice - modern conveniences (like hot showers and AC), well-maintained, and clean - not to mention having an outdoor bathroom was very cool and had an exotic feel. The food was also delicious - we had more than breakfast there, which was included in the costs, and it was all fresh and delicious. Everyone who worked there were very polite, thoughtful, and accommodating. Additionally, with so many (mainly stray) cats on Gili, as an animal person, I really appreciated the way they take care of their cats.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in November on a return visit. Lovely bungalows, very clean, great staff and good breakfasts. Very close to many beachside bars and restaurants, directly opposite beach for great snorkling and diving.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Having just returned from Gili Trawangan, Bale Sampan is still fresh on my mind. Bale Sampan made our stay in GT special. From the moment I made enquiry about the hotel, I was made welcome and Harriet (manager) was very prompt in response and helpful with travel arrangements. Although the room was pretty standard, it was clean and airy with a lovely semi outdoor shower and toilet. The air conditioning is very efficient. The choice of breakfast was fantastic. The banana pancake is to die for. On my last morning, I had the dilemma of choosing between the pancake and egg /bacon which was also excellent. The thing that made Bale Sampan particularly special is the staff. They are all extremely friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. There were always a lot of laughters amongst them and they were always there to offer help. You can also hire bikes and snorkelling masks and flippers from the staff. The beach is just across the road and there were sun loungers for the hotel clients. The beach is crystal clear and full of colourful tropical fish. If you are lucky, you may see turtles too.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple