All reviewsoutdoor bathroomgili tmueslibars restaurantsgarden viewpancakeshot wateryummy breakfastbreakfast was includedlocation was perfectbeach chairssea turtleshire bikesevery morningrooms are nicedefinitely recommend this placewe loved our stay
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at Bale Sampan over Christmas for 7 nights and had a very enjoyable stay. Staff are very friendly and booking was very easy with all our tranfers organised from Praya airport to the island and then on to our next accommodation in Kuta Lombok at the end of our stay. Great value with a delicious breakfast included and free wifi. We stayed in room 2 which is right in front of the pool, the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the partially outdoor bathroom a bit special. I would not hesitate to recommend Bale Sampan to friends.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the extra for a pool view room - we stayed in room 2
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have just returned from a very enjoyable 5 night stay at the Bale Sampan. The staff were super friendly and helpful throughout and helped me to organise a great snorkelling boat trip around the 3 Gili Islands during which I saw a number of turtles- amazing! The staff also went out of their way to help me get to my next hotel (the Sheraton Sengiggi) by escorting me to the public boat and arranging for a private car to meet me at Bangsal harbour to take me to Sengiggi. This was very much appreciated and removed any stress from my journey, which as a solo female traveller was a relief.

The rooms are clean, spacious and modern - The outdoor bathrooms a beautiful feature! Rooms were cleaned daily and 2 free bottles of water replenished during this time. Beach towels are provided as are umbrellas - very handy during my stay as it was the wet season.

Located at the quieter end of the strip, very close to the beach front. In my opinion, in a great location for exploring what the island has to offer. You can hire bikes for a small fee from the hotel, or alternatively walk all the way round the island.

Breakfast was fantastic at the Bale Sampan! Freshly squeezed juices, tea, coffee and a limited selection of delicious options to chose from.

Wifi was free. A little temperamental, but to be expected in such a remote location.

Thank you so much to the team at the Bale Sampan for such an enjoyable trip - this place comes highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucy H
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here in the high season of December 2013 and they were fully occupied for most of our stay there. They have 2 ocean view units right in front of the pool and a few more units just behind these 2 units. It is a cozy resort run by locals and by the looks of it, is very well maintained and clean. Wifi is also decently fast and proved to be very nice to have.

They can arrange a private speedboat and land transfer for you from the Lombok main area but you can email them to arrange beforehand so you dont have to take the public ferries from Bangsal. This should cost about IDR700k from the airport for two (Dec 2013 price). I feel not taking the public ferries does help the experience a lot because I skip the touts, the possibly long waits and the squeezing and also increased safety of private speedboats.

There are dive shops just in front and besides this hotel so might want to approach those dive shops for convenience sake. Trawangan Dive is pretty near this hotel as well. There is also a smaller dive shop right in front but I do not remember the name of this.

Room Tip: open concept bathroom, nice clean rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wesng
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend loved it here!
The owner is very friendly and gives you a warm welcome. Location is perfect straight at the beach and near by all the restaurants.
Breakfast is at Bale Sampan is fantastic, the serve your breakfast at your room if you want.
Transfer from and to Gili T war perfectly arranged by private speedboat en taxi. (€30,- 2 persons)
Rudy thanks for a lovely stay!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We had Room number 1 with a sea view and I cannot complain one bit. The room was clean and spacious, the staff were extremely friendly and breakfast was delicious. Their beach furniture was also very comfortable. They provide free bottled water daily, a beach towel as well as two sized bathroom towels each. I definitely recommend this place to other couples.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple