All reviews outdoor bathroom gili t muesli bars restaurants garden view pancakes hot water yummy breakfast breakfast was included location was perfect beach chairs sea turtles hire bikes every morning rooms are nice definitely recommend this place we loved our stay
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night.
Pros
-good location,in front of e beach
-clean & spacious room
-clean pool
-friendly staffs

Cons
-Spacious toilet but there's plantation in it and at nite there'll be loads of earthworms crawling out.They'll be all over the toilet floor.
This only happens in the new buildings,the old buildings have no plants in e toilet.
-Breakfast,only 2 choices.Small portion of omelette n 2slices of bread.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Since we went to gili trawangan on low season, we think it's overprice with a lack on something. There was no refrigeratorand they didn't inform us that tv cable in our room was trouble. I prefer breakfast in buffet.

i don't think i will be back at this hotel again..sorry

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We spent a few peaceful days here with extended family and had a very nice time. The rooms were very comfortable with an outdoor bathroom. Would have liked a fridge. There was a pool in the front but we preferred to swim in the sea which was right in front of the resort. Deck chairs and beach towels were provided and drinks were brought down to us. Breakfast was excellent. Plenty of restaurants and bars nearby as well. Staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi was available most of the time. I enjoyed this small resort and would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at Bale Sampan over Christmas for 7 nights and had a very enjoyable stay. Staff are very friendly and booking was very easy with all our tranfers organised from Praya airport to the island and then on to our next accommodation in Kuta Lombok at the end of our stay. Great value with a delicious breakfast included and free wifi. We stayed in room 2 which is right in front of the pool, the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the partially outdoor bathroom a bit special. I would not hesitate to recommend Bale Sampan to friends.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the extra for a pool view room - we stayed in room 2
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have just returned from a very enjoyable 5 night stay at the Bale Sampan. The staff were super friendly and helpful throughout and helped me to organise a great snorkelling boat trip around the 3 Gili Islands during which I saw a number of turtles- amazing! The staff also went out of their way to help me get to my next hotel (the Sheraton Sengiggi) by escorting me to the public boat and arranging for a private car to meet me at Bangsal harbour to take me to Sengiggi. This was very much appreciated and removed any stress from my journey, which as a solo female traveller was a relief.

The rooms are clean, spacious and modern - The outdoor bathrooms a beautiful feature! Rooms were cleaned daily and 2 free bottles of water replenished during this time. Beach towels are provided as are umbrellas - very handy during my stay as it was the wet season.

Located at the quieter end of the strip, very close to the beach front. In my opinion, in a great location for exploring what the island has to offer. You can hire bikes for a small fee from the hotel, or alternatively walk all the way round the island.

Breakfast was fantastic at the Bale Sampan! Freshly squeezed juices, tea, coffee and a limited selection of delicious options to chose from.

Wifi was free. A little temperamental, but to be expected in such a remote location.

Thank you so much to the team at the Bale Sampan for such an enjoyable trip - this place comes highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo