We stayed at Scallywags in Feb 2013 with our two young kids (3 and 1 year old) and we loved it! Our approach was from the Scallywags Marina on their speed boat straight to the resort restaurant on the beach. You will get your feet wet but on the plus side, you don't have to walk or catch a horse cart from the main pier.
The rooms are very well appointed, quiet aircon that doesn't dry you up like some do. The open air bathrooms are amazing with their trees & vegetation, but beware of mosquitoes in the wet season. The rooms also have a little private garden out front where you can relax and dry your wet-suit and chill out.
The pool was great for our kids as it is warm, is not a diving school pool, not one for olympic swimmers but the fact that it has ledges in the water where young kids can safely sit & walk around, playing with the decorative pebbles is a great source of fun for young kids. The owner, an affable Aussie, told us proudly that his daughter learned to swim in the pool and I can see why: it's a super pool for kids.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
For the perfectionist, the breakfast spread could be a little richer but we were quite happy with our morning omelette, pancakes, fruit salad, we don't eat English breakfast but it was available and I enjoyed my morning ice Cappuccino which was also included in the price.
The doors can also be a little difficult to operate as tropical climates wreak havoc on the wood panels so the door to our garden was a little stiff, but again that's being picky.
Finally, if you have two kids, a pram, a bunch of suitcases, make sure you don't order a "taxi" to take you back to the airport as all taxis on Lombok island are Toyota Vios. You need to get a minibus. Again, here the staff was very helpful when the Vios turned and they sorted us out!
Alltogether a super place to stay, great restaurant attached to it, and good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scallywags Resort on the beautiful holiday island of Gili Trawangan accommodates guests in stylish comfort at an affordable price. Featuring 6 resort rooms, 4 pool view rooms, 22 garden rooms, 4 ocean view rooms and 5 private plunge pool rooms all light-filled, private and equipped with modern facilities. Scallywags is the island's leader in quality accommodation. We're one of the only resort to offer fresh hot and cold water for showers (+ swimming pool) and 2 generator for constant electricity. Beside an azure sea with a large swimming pool and one of the island's best restaurants, Scallywags will be your home in Gili Trawangan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Scallywags Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scallywags Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Scallywags Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan