My only negative comment about this property is that it is confusing to get to as they pick up from a different harbor than the main harbor on Lombok and we were not aware of this which caused a bit of a disaster in trying to actually get to the hotel. The hotel will arrange a speedboat for you but they don't clearly call out that you must tell the cab driver to go to Scallywag's Marina rather than the other harbor where the public ferry picks up or you can arrange your own speedboat. If there would have been a simple call out in the e-mail to make sure we tell the cab driver the correct marina, a lot of time and frustration would have been saved so just note that! But once we got there, we had an amazing stay and would definitely recommend.
The rooms are individual bungalows which are very private and relaxing. The outdoor shower is really neat and it also isn't a problem if you shower when it rains as one might expect. You also have a little patio outside of your room in addition so you can sit out there and read, etc. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The AC was also crucial in the humidity and kept the room nice and cool! It rained almost everyday when we were there, but each Bungalow has two large umbrellas that were great for walking around.
The pool is excellent and very warm - great to swim in. There are very comfortable and padded lounge chairs around the pool that are great for relaxing and they have umbrellas for shade. We swam in the pool every day and you can also get drinks right in the pool which was nice and fun.
There are also lots of DVD options that you can watch in your room if you would like. The restaurant is pretty good and we ended up eating there a couple of nights. The breakfast is included and has ready to order omelets which was a great touch. All of the staff is very friendly and try very hard to be quick and accommodating. Also, if it does rain which it often did during the late afternoon, evening - the restaurant is pretty much completely covered so you can stay dry!
Overall the property was extremely relaxing and peaceful which is great as Gili T can get a bit busy. Highly recommend for a nice holiday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scallywags Resort on the beautiful holiday island of Gili Trawangan accommodates guests in stylish comfort at an affordable price. Featuring 6 resort rooms, 4 pool view rooms, 22 garden rooms, 4 ocean view rooms and 5 private plunge pool rooms all light-filled, private and equipped with modern facilities. Scallywags is the island's leader in quality accommodation. We're one of the only resort to offer fresh hot and cold water for showers (+ swimming pool) and 2 generator for constant electricity. Beside an azure sea with a large swimming pool and one of the island's best restaurants, Scallywags will be your home in Gili Trawangan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Scallywags Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scallywags Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Scallywags Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan