Coconut Dream Bungalows
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
GK's Homestay(Gili Trawangan)
View Hotel
White Bamboo Resort(Gili Trawangan)
View Hotel
Yumana Gili Trawangan(Gili Trawangan)
Panda Hostel(Gili Trawangan)
View Hotel
Hotel Vila Ombak(Gili Trawangan)
  • Pool
Gili Ocean Club(Gili Trawangan)
Villa Unggul(Gili Trawangan)
View Hotel
All reviewstwo double bedsfamily roomsimple bungalowsoutdoor bedgili tair conbreakfast deliveredaircon worksgreat place to staystayed here for three nightsbathroom doorbanana pancakesswimming poolmain streethired bikesenjoyed our staynice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Didn't book in advance as it was the slow season. Local man "Ace" led us from the beach. The place is run by a group of young local guys who are very fun and very nice. We ended up paying 250000 rph/night with A/C. And breakfast was included. If you need a pick me up in the morning, definitely go for the Lombok Coffee!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally pleasant
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I thought staying at Coconut Dream was great. For 250000INR I couldn't ask for more except maybe a quilt on the bed because the AC worked too well! I the banana pancakes with Lombok coffee for their included breakfast. Everything IS simple but very nice and new. The bungalow I stayed in had a great patio to hang out on and I could even hang my hammock. Which is always a plus. The guys who worked there were friendly and always polite. I wouldn't say it was up scale but I was perfectly comfortable. I would also say be aware that you can hear the mosque four times a day and there are a lot of roosters who crow at all hours...but this is true for most of Gili T.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I love staying in Coconut Dream Bungalow. I booked 2 bungalows before by email and transferred half of the payment first. Mrs Petra was the one who replied my email.
I stayed there for 2 days and 2 days was NOT enough! I managed to do snorkeling with glass-bottom boat there, and the staff took care of everything. I only needed to pay Rp 130.000 and lunch was included. He also came with me and help me with everything since I never do snorkeling before.
The staffs were very friendly and they told me that there will be a full moon party! the full moon party is held once a month when the moon is full, usually in the last days of the month. mine was November 27-28. The staffs were also singing in the evening and they invited me and my friend to sing together - just I don't know what songs they were singing. haha.
they have bicycle rent there, and we can park our rent bike in front of our bungalows. Once, my bike was used by my friend and the staff let me to use their bike without needed to pay. :)
the breakfast was nice, we had breakfast in our room. One morning I had breakfast on a restaurant, it was Rp 25.000 for a banana pancake and the taste was almost the same as the one from the bungalow!
I would love to give 5 stars, but that 1 star isn't there because the location was a little bit inside the island. if we don't use bike, it's kinda tiring.
it was also kinda pricey, and of course you'll get the best accommodation after all. but if only it can be a lil cheaper, I would love to stay 1 more week in this lovely place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

I loved staying here, the hotel room was very nice and we got free breakfast which was delicious and served by the very nice staff!! Definately recomend! Its in a good location... And the staff will invite you to sit and sing with them in the evenings :) very impressed

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 September 2012

These bungalows have all the possibility to be great, but just fall short in so many ways. The design of the room itself is nice, however the ability to hear every sound outside the room is completely disruptive, especially at night (and especially during Ramadan when the calls to prayer come through clearly!) Breakfast is mediocre consisting of 1 egg between two slices of bread OR butter and jelly on 2 slides of toast. Why it couldn't be all of the above, or include a piece or two of fruit I'm not sure. The shower was broken and the water is cold, which is not such a bad thing, but with the sun going down at 6:30 PM you may want to get back early to get a shower in during daylight. There is no safe in the room and no fridge to store your own food. Plus there is no one to clean the rooms and there are no fresh towels every day if you need one.

Generally the service was ok. There were often people hanging around the front desk with no clear association to the hotel, perhaps just the friends of the hotel staff. We also expected to see Petra (your contact before arrival) at the hotel during our stay, but she never showed up and never responded to our e-mail when we mentioned a few of our complaints.

Location-wise this hotel is good, not directly on the beach but just a block or two off the path (i.e. very close) and the bungalows themselves are nicely designed. This would be good for the serious budget traveler - though honestly the $50 or so we paid a night for our room wasn't worth it to me. We ended up leaving after 3 nights (we originally planned to stay for 7 nights total) and moved over to Villa Unggal.

I would not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel to others until improvements are made.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple