“Pleasant Surprise”

Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indonesian, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegant restaurant set on the beach with stunning views to Lombok. An innovative mix of Asian, French and Italian inspired fusion dishes, focusing on fresh seafood, quality imported meats and homemade pastas, breads, desserts and pastries
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place on the way to another restaurant. I was very happy with the atmosphere, menu and service. We ordered from the tapas menu. The food took a little while but was worth the wait. Chicken kebabs were tasty, the cheese balls were delicious and we got a complimentary salad to accompany our dishes. We also ordered two sides. We got a huge plate of chips with dip unlike the usual small portions in Asia. The star of the show was the sautéed vegetables. The nicest I have had in my three months in Asia. They saved the best for last though with their delicious selection of desserts. I had never heard of banana crumble before. ... hope to have it again soon. The Chocolate Fondant was amazing.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

After a terrible choice in Tranwangan, my friend and I checked out this resort. It looks amazing. If I go back to Gili Tranwangan, I would definitely stay here. Great spot on the Island and out of the backpacker/party area. Still close though if you want to join in on that fun.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Small portions that were good but not great. Desert took nearly 30 minutes to come and again was average. Staff didnt seem to be too concerned about how long it took. Given that its supposed to be one of best places to dine in Bali, we were quite disappointed.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I loved the beach setting. Classic white table clothes, candle lights and great professional service. The food was to die for and we returned several times. We booked for Christmas again.
The creative deserts are melting moments..certainly to recommend to leave a little space for that. the Ambiance was terrific. Will soon be back. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My Partner and I stayed at Ko Ko Mo for 5 nights last week. We ended up staying an extra night because we loved it so much. The villa's are just beautiful, well groomed and stunning. The staff were very accommodating and such lovely people. We couldn't ask for anymore. The food was 5 star, so delicious. We will definitely be returning to Ko Ko Mo in the future - I would recommend everyone to stay there! A special thanks to Denzel for organising my boyfriends birthday cake and to Rini for all of her wonderful help with us moving villas when the others were booked up. Amazing island with beautiful people. Thank you again :)