Stayed here on the tail end of our honeymoon in Indonesia. I certainly agree with the previous review about this being a little bit too much to pay (about $100 during high season). But Gili T. is just someplace where you have to forget about your budget and go with the flow of the island. In a place like this, any worries you have will just melt away.
The best part about the KK is the plunge pool out front. We also thought it to be small at first, but if you are expecting to swim laps, then you shouldn't be on holiday. The beauty is just soaking in the cool water on a hot day, sipping a big Bintang while the rest of the tourists walk by shooting you envious glances. If you enjoy bargain hunting, invite some of the jewelry dealers to join you by the pool and have a friendly chat. Just getting to hear about daily life here or on Lombok is an education unto itself.
Yes, the bathrooms could definitely use some work. They were a bit too dark and dank. But the bed in our room was clean and comfortable. You will also find a good selection of DVDs for some chill out time if the night life on Gili T. gets to be too intense for you. We left a few behind, as have others. And about the mosque . . . well, that's just part of the island culture and you'll get used to it after a couple mornings.
If you go, say hello to Harry for us . . . he is the nicest host who will greet you every morning with a beautiful steaming cup of Lombok coffee and a simple breakfast. There is also great snorkeling right in front of the KK, but you should make the effort to walk down to the point, then drift back to the beach in front of your condo. There are lots of beautiful fish and sea turtles galore to be found.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the swimming beach of Gili Trawangan, each of the three well-appointed rooms have an unobstructed view of the ocean and Mount Rinjani.All the rooms are furnished in the manner of our luxury villas and include fresh hot water, deluxe linens, king or twin beds and the shared use of a private plunge pool directly in front of the bungalows.We can arrange transportation to and from the island from Bali or Lombok, as well as diving packages in our affiliated dive centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Kelapa Kecil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kelapa Kecil Hotel Senggigi
- Kelapa Kecil Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan