From the outside, Kelapa Kecil seems worth the hype and expense -- it's got a lovely dipping pool, well lit, that attracts many passers-by in the evening who stop and stare. However, once you get inside, it's a different story.
We paid $100/night (the middle of high season, very late notice reservations) which was about $50/night too expensive. We were desperate for accommodations so decided to just book it. However, we were extremely disappointed in what we got for that price.
First of all, the bathrooms were unbearably smelly. It smelled like a dirty public restroom, absolutely overwhelming stench of old urine. Who cares about nice tile or fancy showers when you feel dirty just walking in there?
There were no bathroom linens -- we had to ask for one towel each when they forgot to stock them -- and nothing else was supplied (bath mat, wash cloths, soap, hand towels, etc.). Our bed sheets looks dirty (white but soiled) and I actually woke up with a shard of glass in my arm. Not sure the sheets were ever washed.
The electricity went out frequently, and the Kelapa Kecil generator also failed...meaning that we went without AC for one long, hot, sleepless night. The hotel also abuts a mosque, so expect frequent loudspeaker prayers, and is apparently surrounded by roosters that will keep you up starting at dawn.
We were really disappointed in the quality of the place. Had it been half the price, we might not have left with such a bad taste in our mouths, but it was way too expensive and unclean. I would definitely recommend going elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the swimming beach of Gili Trawangan, each of the three well-appointed rooms have an unobstructed view of the ocean and Mount Rinjani.All the rooms are furnished in the manner of our luxury villas and include fresh hot water, deluxe linens, king or twin beds and the shared use of a private plunge pool directly in front of the bungalows.We can arrange transportation to and from the island from Bali or Lombok, as well as diving packages in our affiliated dive centers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Kelapa Kecil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kelapa Kecil Hotel Senggigi
- Kelapa Kecil Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan