I can only comment on the diving (I lodged elsewhere), but Trawangan Dive runs a tight ship. I never questioned their safety policies. Knowledgeable and down-to-earth dive masters (Sian was awesome). Large selection of gear. The boat was crowded, with ~25 divers, but diving groups were ~4 clients max. Only downside was on one dive where one of their trainees ran out of air first, because she was working to restore corals, so the rest of us had to surface after ~35 min. Restoration work should be done on dedicated dives, not on dives with clients. That said, the staff is down-to-earth and accommodating, so speaking up about things that don't work are well received. Overall great experience and I would definitely dive with them again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trawangan Dive is situated on the most idyllic stretch of beach the GIli Islands has to offer. Our award winning scuba dive center offers courses from beginner up to professional level including tecnical diving and coral reef restoration study. With a wide variety of room types including economy, standard, luxury and a seaview family room, we have something to suite all budgets. All of our rooms have air conditioning, hot fresh water showers, TV, private balcony, mini bar and safety box. Our luxury rooms have private gardens and tea and coffee making facilities. Your buffet breakfast can be enjoyed in our restaurant 'Fat Cats' which also offers a variety of food and beverages throughout the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Ebookers so you can book your Trawangan Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trawangan Dive Bungalows Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Trawangan Dive Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan