This villa was definitely more like a glamping experience than luxury. The villa is situated in a picturesque location with beautiful sunrise views of Mt Rinjani, turtles right off the coral beach (during early high tide), fabulous, friendly host Rudy who organised bike rental, snorkelling gear and was always around if you called.
HOWEVER... the place was tired and in need of maintenance
-only cold water for the whole stay, from reading other reviews this is ongoing
-tatty worn bedlinen with large rips. (These were replaced, but only after we complained)
-stained and tatty curtains (also laundered after we complained
-corroded tap fittings in the bathrooms
- air conditioning in one of the kids bedrooms rooms didn't work properly, even after some maintenance.
- larger gaps between the wall and floorboards, so mosquitos could feast on the children. Mosquito nets would be a great addition!
- furnishings were worn and stained
A few things were dealt with, but only AFTER we complained. The owners really should keep a closer eye on maintenance. Everyone involved with the villa was friendly, but overall we were not happy.
We are used to travelling in SE Asia and don't mind 3star accommodation, but from the reviews we read, we were expecting a higher standard. If we had of realised before staying we would not have been so disappointed.
1. Great location, lots of room, friendly and helpful staff
2. Excellent spacious pool and was cleaned every morning
3. Location was awesome, we knew about the limited privacy being located right in front of the public pathway
4. Being able to snorkel right in front of our place and see the turtles
Cons: obviously owner has not put any money to maintain the place so if you are looking for a luxurious place, this is not it.
1. No hot water what-so-ever, we had to take a cold shower everyday. This also means they did not wash our dishes in hot water either which is not sanitary.
2. The linens are very worn, lots of holes in the bed sheets, patio chair covers all very faded and again, has holes in the feet / leg area. White curtains were stained and ripped from regular wear and tear.
2. No blanket provided so we were freezing when AC kept on at night, only given an additional flat sheet which provided no warmth
3. Only bath towel and no face or hand towels
4. Lots of flies in eating area, constantly in our face and in our food
5. 2 out of the 4 toilets do not flush properly, one of the bathroom sink was plugged
6. Lots of mold in bathroom area, faucets worn out
7. Communication and response time from the start with booking the villa until we checked in was very poor. It takes several days for someone to get back to me, then I had to follow-up on my final payment and check-in details. There were no details on where to find the villa, I was only told to go to the horse cart area. I was worried about sending the funds and not knowing if we actually had a booking, it was all based on trust.
If you want a place with a great location and pool, this is a perfect location. However, if you want something luxurious and clean, I would not recommend this.
Myself and 10 friends from Canada rented this villa for 4 nights. The location is amazing right on the beach with panoramic ocean views and an amazing pool that was always refreshing and clean. There were sea turtles every day in the ocean 50m away from the house!
The best part of the stay was Carlos and the local boys who were there taking care of us. They would make us a great breakfast each morning and anytime we needed anything they would get it and bring it to the villa for us. Carlos took us all around the island showing us the best spots. It was our friends birthday while we were there and he even had a cake brought from another island for her and arranged a surprise dinner at a local resturant with live music on the beach. Truely above and beyond service and I would not hesitate to return!
If you want to experience the true beauty of Gili T, Villa Kokita is the villa of choice. The panoramic views are stunning all day and all night. The rooms are large, comfy, simply equipt with an authentic eco-feel. If your looking for a totally clean, sand free, insect free, fully A/C, modern bathroom + totally private villa then this is not the one for you.
This Villa offers a very fun stay, located around a large pool and all the lounge chairs you can handle. Rudy and his team are around whenever required for advice, party liaison, breakfast chef, security, footy players... you name it they can sort it... The owner is welcoming and allows you to enjoy The villa is a good 15 min bike ride (available at Kokita for a small daily fee) or 30 min walk from the main bustling bar areas. Taking the bikes on a night out adds to the Island mantra in my opinion and you will soon realise the villa is part of the popular tourist activity of biking around the Island. You will take satisfaction out of the tourists gazing at the villa in total Amazement. The beach and ocean is yours to enjoy at a footsteps distance from Kokita.
We hope to be back soon as this is one villa that is good for the soul. Kishan, Shaheen, Dharmesh & Sunny.
1. Huge space
2. Staffs were very helpful
1. Frequent electricity trips during the stay
2. Dirty bathroom
3. Very very low water pressure
The best place to stay on Gilli T, location cannot be beaten. Right on the water, turtles swimming in front every morning and next to the nicest beach. You feel like a VIP sitting in the Superbox watching the beach goers.
We are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids aged 6, 9 & 11 and stayed 5 nights.
About a 10 min ride into the main drag. Great restaurants, mini mart and massage place next door.
Rooms are huge, we had a master suite with an interconnected gigantic room where the kids had 3 single beds and an outside bathroom. Would be perfect for 2 families or a big group of mates.
It's not 100% total 5 star luxury..not much hot water (but not needed), Kitchen basic and not well equipped, everything a bit tired & TV wasn't working but the location and private pool far outweigh any of that...it is just awesome!!!
Breakfasts were great, Lola sorted out great bikes and anything our hearts desired for us and kids and Rudy was the best private bar tender Mojito maker ever!
Def recommend the night food market. So good. Lunch at Le Pirate also fab, best menu on the Island and good music. Movie night at Villa Ombak great.
We were there just for a day.. the villa is superb! Just a few steps away from the beach! And the seawater is very clear like a crystal..
Lola was very helpful on providing us information, and also arranged for us to rent bicycle and call transporation back to the port from the villaa..