Hotel Ombak Sunset
Jambuluwuk Oceano Resort(Gili Trawangan)
US$77
US$57
  • Breakfast included
The Trawangan Resort(Gili Trawangan)
US$104
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vila Ombak(Gili Trawangan)
US$179
US$101
  • Pool
US$119
  • Breakfast included
Les Villas Ottalia(Gili Trawangan)(Great Value!)
US$129
Wilson's Retreat(Gili Trawangan)
US$103
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Luce d'Alma Resort & Spa(Gili Trawangan)
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Pesona Beach Resort & Spa(Gili Trawangan)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$59
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
1,252 results
All reviewsdeluxe terracehorse and cartgili twest sidepool barfree upgradeoutdoor bathroomturn down servicequiet sidemain partrent a bikelarge poolpool sidegreat poolthe main stripbeautiful resortbean bags
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We spent 3 days at Ombak Sunset on Gili Trawangan. We were aware that it was on the other side of the island and so were not bothered by its location. The sunsets at night were worth it!

The hotel is a 25 minute walk from the main area and, whilst it is not difficult, it is not really an easy walk as most of it is on a sandy track. At night you need a torch, which the hotel can provide, as the walk is not lit all the way.

If you do not wish to walk then you can catch a horse and cart but at IRD 75,000 (US$8) it is not cheap compared to taxis in Lombok. However, the lack of cars and motor bikes is part of the charm of the island. The hotel has bikes to rent for IRD 75,000 a day if you are up to the ride in the sand.

We only ate breakfast at the hotel, which was included in the rate, the choice was excellent but the presentation was not always up to standard. Not really an issue.

If you wish to venture out of the hotel for lunch and dinner and do not want to go into town then there were a couple of restaurants within 5 to 10 minutes walk. There are also 2 ATMs located close to the hotel.

The staff were polite and friendly but, at times, seemed to lack the supervision and efficiency that you expect from such a property. The hotel was only at 10% occupancy and we wondered if they would cope with a full house.

We approached the front desk on 3 occasions.

The first time was to break up a large bank note into smaller notes but they did not have any change.

The second time was for a power adaptor and we were told they did not have one but some time later found one for us ( this may have been a language issue )

The third time was for a bandaid for a cut on my foot and they did not have any bandaids.

None of these things detract from the property, or your stay, it is just that you expect better.

We stayed in an Island Bungalow room which we felt was nicer than the terrace rooms. I was a bit concerned about the outdoor bathroom because of mosquitos but, thankfully, there were not any mosquitos bothering us.

The pool area was great with plenty of loungers. The hotel also has loungers on the beach but even when the tide is in the swimming in the sea is not that great as it is shallow and rocky.

Room Tip: Island Bungalow Rooms
3  Thank MandA6468
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Although the setting and hotel grounds are lovely, the customer service in the restaurant, reception, pick up/drop off service, etc is abominable. We were promised pick up from Lombok airport ($100 pp - which in itself is very expensive), and after reconfirming pick up several times with the hotel before we arrived, our driver didn't show up and we were left waiting in the airport for over an hour!! We then had a similar experience then leaving the hotel at the end of our stay!
The rooms are basic and everything is an extra - not what I expected for $300 per night! The complimentary breakfast was terrible - you'd be better off catching a cart and going elsewhere in the morning.
This hotel cannot be defined as value for money, I do not mind paying the exorbitant prices IF I get good service, but this hotel just couldn't deliver on what it promised.
Save some money and go somewhere else.

Oh, one last thing...the pool was disgusting - the water was so cloudy I couldn't even see 1m in front of me when swimming laps! Gross.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, plenty of better looking, cheaper hotels on the island.
1  Thank Thomas V
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed for two nights during August 2012. The room was very comfortable and spacious and the staff were friendly. The resort is away from the main area of Gili Trawangan. We ate breakfast at the hotel and ventured around to the restaurants on the other side of the island for evening meals. Walking at night is difficult because of the lack of lighting. Remember to pack a torch if you intend staying there. The beach is fairly rocky and not suitable for swimming. We were also dissappointed in the quality of the snorkling on the island. there are far better places in Indonesia to go. Overall a really enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I strongly advise you do not stay at this hotel. We had high hopes for it & were severely disappointed. Not only did I get food poisoning from eating at the hotel restaurant, my wallet was stolen from the room the first night we stayed there while we were out at dinner.

The head receptionist was extremely rude & demeaning & kept suggesting that we had lost it as no one was 'logged' as being in our room. I tried to explain to her that no one would put write their name on a log if they were going to steal something & she was not understanding and was unsympathetic.

To put the icing on the cake we got the police around & she gave the report as he did not speak English. I have only just gotten it back 2 weeks, 8 phone calls & countless emails later & the details are incorrect. She had twisted my words & stated that I'd personally left the wallet outside and lost it as they did not want the hotel to have a bad reputation.

I have called 5 times to get on to the hotel manager only to be told that he was on holiday or in meetings by several different people on the same day - some even hung up on me. In the end I made my complaint to the marketing manager who was rude to me along with every other person I talked to (excluding the restaurant manager who was the only helpful staff member).

I am so shocked at the level of dishonesty in their staff and how little customer service means to them. I understand I should have put the wallet in the safety deposit box, but I am more appalled at the way they have dealt with this situation. I can't even claim the wallet on travel insurance as the report states that I simply lost it.

In regards to the hotel services, the sunset view was delightful & the pool was very nice. The beds however were very hard & we disliked the outdoor bathrooms as there were ants, mosquitoes & spiders around when we were showering. The wifi signal was poor in our room & had to keep getting login's for 3 hour sessions.

The hotel is very far away from town & they charge $7 AUD to hire bikes for the day which is a difficult ride as parts of the track are sandy

5  Thank kace26
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed most times of the stay. Located on the west side of the island at the sunset point. They set up a nice bar for you to enjoy the beautiful sunset. Although the private beach was not swim-able due to shallow and rocky, the view was still very nice during the day. Big swimming pool. Free afternoon tea & coffee at the pool side (they need to improve the taste of the snack though). Staff were friendly but I think because this hotel is considered new, the staff haven't had too many experience with complaints. The services were very slow. Slow check in, slow F&B service, slow check out, etc. We lost our room key, and surprisingly they didn't have spare key! I mean, what kind of hotel don't have spare room key? This was quite a turn off for us, I had to ask for the housekeepers key and call them every time we needed room make up or turn down service. The staff didn't seem to handle our problem very well. Breakfast was just OK, need more variety for a 5 star hotel. The "Ayam Taliwang" that we ordered from "in room dining service" was delicious though, very recommended.
The location of this hotel could be a plus and minus. It is far from the central area where the restaurants and bars are, but we enjoyed the tough bike ride and walking, good exercises. If you go at night, better take the horse cart because the road was too dark. Or dinner at the hotel beach bar is not bad at all. They play live music every night.