“Amazing homestay close to everything”
Review of Rumah Kundun

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gili Trawangan
Rumah Kundun
Ranked #30 of 170 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The most homely and nice atmosphere, all thanks to Kade, owner of the place. Great breakfast, great location, great garden. The bungalows are basic but clean, only cold water but not really a problem. So great stay :)

• Stayed: June 2012
16  Thank MariaPhiPhi

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Really great little place with the friendliest owner- Dian, who really puts the effort in to making everyone feel at home. Delicious breakfasts (the best in Indonesia) and nice, spacious rooms close to the main street but set back enough to create a peaceful atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
15  Thank annahutnik
Reviewed 20 June 2012

What happens when you find a little piece of Heaven in Paradise ??? It simply means that as Dian, the owner of the " Rumah Kundun " told me over a nice cup of tea :" It must be Karma." And in that case, trust me, the Karma was Fabulous ! The Rumah Kundun is situated in the centre of the Island- not too far from the main " Avenue " where you will find the Night market, best restos, bars and of course the beach, shops and the Nightlife- but a nice walk to feel the great vibes of the locals, always smiling playing cards while the kids are riding their bikes ( which is one of the way used for transportation in the island) . Kade ( Dian's wife ) has turned this lovely Guest House into a " Mini Hindu Temple " with a slight Buddhist touch( Beautiful colors and the scent of encens ) which reminded me of my many trips in India. The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast ( banana pancake) in my case, so delicious that it alone- could be a justification to return next year !
All together- staying at the Rumah Kundun was THE best experience I had during my journey in Indonesia as the price ( around $15 US/per room ) was more than a bargain considering the outstanding beauty of Gili Trawangan. A Must for the Cool-Trendy " Who's been around......"

Room Tip: Air Con also Available.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
21  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I booked this place because of the review on tripadvisor. I sent email with Kade, the owner, and she gave really fast and well respond. She even helped me book fast boat from Bali to Gili.
I used Sea Marlin fast boat for 600.000 rupiah return ticket.
Rumah kundun is easy to find, just a short walk from the dock. Just ask for Budha dive and make a turn there.
The place is small, only 4 guest rooms. The bed is basic but clean. The water power is not strong but enough for me and the bathroom is quite clean. They served really nice banana pancake in the morning. Unfortunately i didn't have the opportunity to meet with Kade or Dian myself.
You cant compare this place with other resort around Gili T, but with the same price range, Rumah Kundun is worth it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank Mrvahn
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We chose this place because of all the great reviews on trip advisor and we were disapointed after arrival. The welcoming reception can not make up for the lack of attention to the room. We where informed the toilet is not properly functional. But we could not take a shower because there was absolutly no water. Not a drop so we need to brush our teeth with bottle water.
The bed linen had a bad mouldy smell. We have the impression the place lacks a bit of tender loving care and perhaps a fresh coat of paint. We feel sorry for the host or the manager, they can certanly not change this things on short notice. We hope the owner will.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Itchyfeetandi
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had a very positive experience at this lovely guesthouse. On my arrival I was welcomed by Dian, while i did not have the chance to meet with Kadi as she was in Bali. He gave me useful information about the island while sipping tea in the peaceful, lush garden. The room was simple but surely adequate, equipped with a comfortable double bed, fan, airco and a bamboo shelf big enough to fit all my stuff. The bathroom was well-lit and very clean. As for breakfast, this is served in the little porch outside each room where there are chairs and a coffee table. the breakfast items can be selected out of a small menu: i found the food to be fresh and well prepared.
I really appreciated the position of the guesthouse: a short walk down the street and you're on the mainroad, however, still far enough to be spared of noise and loud music.
The only slightly annoying thing i can think of is that the water pressure of the sink was practically inexistant and i ended up using only the shower, but it was not a problem at all.

I can surely recommend this guesthouse to anybody and i'm really thankful to Dian for his hospitality and kindness and wish them both very good luck!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank Raging_Hamster
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The sincere smile of Dian and his faithful bike lead us a block inland from the main strip of Gili Trawangan to his family's peaceful b&b in 'The Village' . Rumah Kundun barely needs introduction, you walk into the peaceful courtyard full of lush plants and homely trinkets and you feel like you've found home. However, It is not the walls or the mortar that make this place, but the honest and sincere hospitality of Dian (unfortunately we did not meet his wife Kade or his son Kundun who were away). My partner and I stayed at Rumah Kundun for 4 nights, each morning a fruit salad and the best 'secret recpie' banana pancake you will taste in Indonesia made their way to our verandah, as well as the smooth notes of Dian's steaming coffee.The (4) concrete rooms themselves are roomy, homely, clean and a cool escape in the heat of the day. Each is slightly different to the next (bright coloured walls and wall hangings), and all share a thatched roof tiled verandah. Stay here if you are after a place away from the constant beats of the main strip of Gili T (yet still 2 mins walk away!), a host whose smile makes you feel like family, and rooms which are humble and un-selfconscious. Overall, Rumah Kundun was the highlight of the places we stayed on our month trip in Indonesa (its amazing what a difference a sincere host can make). P.s look out for 'Cheeky' a most affectionate and pregnant specimine of feline who we had the privelage of helping to name, and who decided to adopt Dian and Rumah Kundun prior to our arrival... she also enjoys adopting peoples breakfasts...you have been warned! To Dian, thankyou again, Rumah Kundun is a little gem, thankyou for sharing your home, smile and persepctives with us, x Skye and Rhys (Tasmania, Australia)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
#289 of 744 in Lombok
Mbah Mek Trawangan Homestay
Mbah Mek Trawangan Homestay
#13 of 170 in Gili Trawangan

Been to Rumah Kundun? Share your experiences!