Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

from US$32.70
from US$188.58
from US$28.06
2,461 results
All reviews rent a bike gili t speed boat night market padang bai bicycles paradise bali party diving accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2016

Unfortunately, I find Gili Trawangan over crowded, positive side is water is clear and there is a lot you can do on the island, but very commercialized.

1  Thank Lanideguia
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

As soon as I got to the island I knew it was a mistake. These are the things I disliked:

The only transport besides riding bikes around the island is the horse carriages, I'm a big animal lover and some of these horses were thin and were foaming at the mouth. They are worked way too hard and some of them are evidently not cared for, it broke my heart! I rode a bike whenever possible.

The island is dirty and there are 2 good bars that close at midnight! Almost all of the locals are on ice (having worked in mental health and an emergency department this was obvious to me) and you can't walk through the main street past dark without being offered drugs and harrassed. I felt like everyone was trying to rip us off.

The boat ride over is horrendous, its 2.5 hours to get there and the boat was packed out to the max. And when you get there the boat workers throw your bags around. My suitcase landed in the water, it was great!

I couldn't wait to get back to Seminyak! The only positives about Gili T are the beautiful beaches, snorkelling and swimming with the turtles!

As much as this was a bad experience for me and my partner, we both agree that this island is perfect for the single foreigner.

3  Thank ebonyirwin7
Reviewed 1 September 2016

There was a public hall provided for those who want to enjoy the sunset from seaside.. The orange sunset, darksea, and seacoral..

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

It is not the first visit, but sadly looks to be the last visit. The island has become saturated with tourism in a not so good way. They should have limited the growth on Gili Trawangan.
The best time to see the island is at sunrise. For the most part the beach is empty with only some locals getting ready for the day. Tourist leave a big mess from the night before...but just get into the water and enjoy the waves with some great snorkeling.
The sun rising as you swim in the water is a highlight of the island. The bonus is finding and swimming with the turtles.
Gili Meno is much more inviting, lets hope that its growth stays very small.

1  Thank 886zedb
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Disappointing snorkelling as a lot of the coral was dead, we visited four sites, only one snorkelling site showed any signs of live coral and a good amount of fish.

One high point was the presence of turtles which came fairly close.

1  Thank Andy P