“A Great Stay”

Wood Stock Home Stay
Ranked #18 of 179 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This place was absolutely lovely. My friends and I stayed here for 3 nights in Jan 2014. Rooms are nice and airy (although a little dark) with mosquito nets. Bathrooms are open to the outside, so you'll have a lot of lizard friends. The staff were PHENOMENAL. They helped us book boat tickets to and from the island, and when the boat was canceled due to severe weather conditions, they found us at the NEW place we were staying (there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with Woodstock, but we moved because my friends wanted to stay somewhere "fancy") and helped us figure out how to get back to Ubud. There are cats everywhere, so if you don't like cats you should stay somewhere else. The complimentary breakfast was AMAZING -- the best I've had on any of my travels. A+!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank superblueridge

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The review below me is extremely well said! I agree to all his/her points.

I had a great stay (5 day stay) a Woodstock. It is about 5-6 minutes walk from the beach, which was perfect - you are close to everything but still a little tucked away to enjoy some privacy.

The pool was great & very refreshing.

Rooms were good (basic, but all you need) and the staff did a great job to keep out the Mosquitos - we didn't get any bites. The open air bathroom was great.

Breakfast was massive, delicious and kept us full for ages. The staff are happy to accommodate any dietary requirements and cook things to your liking. Speaking of the staff, they are truly what makes the place - friendly, accommodating, and helpful.

They have a water refill system behind reception - please use it, it's cheap & eco-friendly :)

Hope you enjoy your stay - you will love it.

One last note: yes, you hear the mosque. Pretty much anywhere on the small island. It may wake you for a few minutes (or not at all) and you fall back asleep. It blows me away people are complaining about this - it is part of the culture and if it bothers you THAT much - stay home.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank travelgirl31
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Woodstock Homestay (not Little Woodstock) for 8 days over Christmas. The accommodation is basic but has everything you need and, more importantly, is clean and well maintained The pool and breakfast options are great. It makes no difference that this is a 5 minute walk back from the main beach (and it is a lot quieter for it!). However, what really makes the difference here is the staff - on an island where it can take over an hour for a waiter to notice you exist, Woodstock is a remarkable contrast. The staff were always friendly and had a rare ability to notice what needed to be done and do it quickly! Extremely impressive.
This place truly lives up to its motto of "come as a guest, leave as a friend". Will be returning asap.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank JP436
Reviewed 11 December 2013

A friend of mine and I stayed here for 5 nights, and we could not have ended up any better on Gili T. Because the other rooms were all taken, we got a family room for the same price as a normal room for 2, which is a luxury in the middle of the trip as we for once both had our own space (one room upstairs and one down). Rooms are very clean (cleaned twice a day by the very nice staff), smell nice, always fresh towels and they look nice. Breakfast is good, and served whenever you want (4 o clock in the afternoon not being an exception). Did I mention that the staff is really friendly and helpful? One night we went out with one of them, and during another time I went to see a local soccer game with one of the staff (Ran, greet him from me if you see him). Also, I would recommend to play cards with them, Lombok style (they ll know what it means, you ll like it). The overall place and swimming pool are also a steal.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fishworkss
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with 3 friends and we loved it! The little bungalows are nice and clean, the staff is really friendly and helpful and the breakfast is great. The location is good, because it's just a 5 minute walk from the beach but you are not in the middle of the crowds. The swimming pool is good for a quick little dip to cool off.

To be clear; this review is for Woodstock Homestay! When I looked it up I got confused with Little Woodstock because some of the photos on Tripadvisor are of Little Woodstock as well. Look on the Woodstock Homestay website to get a good impression on how the place looks like (http://woodstockgili.com/node/1). I think Little Woodstock is just as good, but just to prevent any confusion :).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TSchrauwen
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with 4 friends. The place is great, all staff very helpfull, and the breakfast very awesome. Big thanks for Zein and Ran for helping us during our stay (rent bike, snorkling, also for paging my name at harbour). Can't wait to come again next time.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 12 October 2013

When me and my friend arrived we thought we booked 'Woodstock home stay' not 'little Woodstock '. So we were a little bit shocked but we were pleasantly surprised. This little place cost us $8 a night each, they had booked out the budget room so we got upgrade to the family room. We each got a double bed and a beautiful place with no bugs, ants or insect infected place. The staff were amazing, we hired out bikes, they brought of breakfast in the morning, they had a great cold supply of soft drink n beer. Each day they cleaned the rooms n just before it was dark they would set up the mosquito nets for our beds. It was maybe 800metres off the main drag but once we hired the bike that was no problem. It also only took us about 5 min to ride to the other side of the island to watch the sunset. I would definitely stay there again, it's a clean, very friendly place to stay. There was no problem leaving our key with the staff, everything exceeded my expectations for a cheap room.

Room Tip: Family was great, got a two double beds. The animals and the praying wake up everyone on the island.