“Home from Home”

Ranked #5 of 155 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
wigan
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I originally booked for 7 nights but extended my stay to 11 nights as I felt very much at home! Denise and her Husband were truly wonderful hosts, never too busy to stop what they were doing to pass the time of day or give me advice etc. In particular, Denise went out of her way to take me to a local market and had lunch with me on another occasion which made me feel like a friend rather than a guest. In addition, she arranged a snorkling trip and my return boat to Lombok which she personally escorted me to.
Regarding the resort: the rooms are really nice and the gardens have an array of colour and were very relaxing to enjoy. Staff were extremely friendly, always with a smile on their faces and a helping hand.
Finally, I have travelled all over the world and can honestly say that my trip to Gili Nyepi rates top of my list!
June - Lancashire, England.

Room Tip: All good rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed 2 night in Gili Nyepi with my wife. I and my wife love it so much. The hotel is simple with garden view (garden is one of our reon why we choose this hotel), the Hotel Owner (Danise) is very helpful. She give me a lot information about Gili. Also, 2 staffs (Ari and Robert) are very humble guy. Everytime we meet them, they full of smile made our felling just like home. In general, Gili Nyepi is perfect. Big room witg AC and fan. Our 2 night stay was very good. I would to recommend this place for anybody who want to fell the silent place. Next time, for sure we will comeback and stay longer. Gili Nyepi is hour home away from home.

Room Tip: Choose the double bed room if you want something romantic. All the room are nice with garden view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The bungalows at Gili Nyepi are absolutely beautiful, all with gorgeous big beds, a terrace and ac. It's a real find and an oasis of calm on busy Gili Trawangan. Even better than the lovely setting though are the staff; Denise is very kind and hospitable and actually replies to emails (what a joy!) and Robert is absolutely charming and so wiling to help with every little thing. Their warm and welcoming attitude absolutely made our stay at Gili Nyepi the best of all our time in Indonesia. An absolute find. Thank you, Robert and Denise!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed @ GiLI Nyepi only two nights but would have stayed our whole 6 days in the Gilis instead of in the other two places that we had already prebooked.
It was a very nice stay, the garden is very beautiful and reminds me of my garden in Spain with the red Bougainvillea.
Denise, the owner of the place cares about her guests a lot, we had many talks with her and enjoyed the two days.
We wil come back again whith our children :)
Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mercedes M
Utrecht
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Beautiful Property and excellent service

We do not believe in writing reviews on Tripadvisor, though i always look at Tripadvisor before i book any hotel.

During our recent visit to Gili Trawangan, we had such a memorable experience that we thought we will write a review now.

In the few idyllic days we had there, both my boyfriend and I left feeling, re-energised, recharged more relaxed than we where in months.

We will be back to stay in Gili Nyepi again soon i hope,

and we have already recommended it to our family and friends.

If you want somewhere to relax and unwind, on a beautiful island,

while lazing in the sun, this is you place to be.

Room Tip: All rooms are situated in a lovely garden
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights very recently on what turned out to be a tricky part of my holiday. Arriving in the paradise of Gili Trawangan for the first time I was touched by the friendly,welcoming staff at Gili Nyepi as well as the unique rooms! The welcome drink and chat about the island is great. Denise has endless knowledge and tips.

Set in a secret garden of gorgeous flowers and plants the small villa type rooms are a perfect way to relax and sleep after busy days of sunbathing and snorkelling!! Breakfast served on the terrace is great,lovely bread and great coffee!! The room is cleaned everyday which is fab.

For me though I will always remember the great help and advice Denise and the boys gave me as I lost my ATM card+struggled with a catalogue of hiccups. Being so far from home I have never felt so touched as they topped up my phone,tiredlessly tried to send faxes,hired us bikes and generally went out of their way to help ease the stress!!

It was by far the best place I've stayed in 2 years of travelling,I hope to be back one day and will highly recommend to everyone who asks or reads this. Fab fab place!! :)

Claire Shewan (Mrs Claire)

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We came from Lombok after our daughter's wedding and are an older couple than most tourists. Denise met our boat, helped us with our luggage and gave us a wonderful welcome. The room was comfortable, the garden was beautiful and the staff couldn't do enough. Denise and I had lovely conversations about living far from home and she was most understanding. The hotel was near the beach and facilities but away from noisy entertainment and we couldn't even hear the mosque. A lovely place to stay. Jean and David [from UK]

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple