This is a beautiful hotel, but the service sucked. They were rude and sleazy.
First let us get talking about check-in: we get there and there is a ton of people and two receptionists. We finally get to the front and ask for an upgrade, apparently they can't do it and have to refer us to someone. Well, that someone was so sleazy. He wouldn't tell us how much upgrades were and insisted on showing us every room available before he would let us make a decision. All we wanted was an upgrade to the next level of room because we read that the basic rooms were pretty gross. However, this process was ridiculous. We finally made a decision and asked "how much", which he responded with "whatever you want to give me". In this situation I was uncomfortable, I didn't know how much to give or what the room was worth. He told us to discuss and see him later, but then proceeded to keep calling our room harassing us to "come see him when we had time" until we finally just gave him some money to leave us alone. This made me feel uneasy and I would have much rather had paid for the full upgrade and avoided this issue.
Second: The service. Everyone there was arrogant with an attitude. The pool bar had taken a menu from the restaurant across the street and when I tried to order a milkshake (which was ON the menu) they laughed at me and told me no. They don't listen to customers and do whatever they want.
Third: We were sitting at a table, went to get some food from the breakfast buffet and when we returned to our seats they sat someone at our table. They then tried to tell me it was my fault because I didn't leave something there when the only thing I had to leave was my camera. I'm not going to leave my camera on a table... A polite apology and a new table would have been fine, but telling me that it was my fault was rude.
However, on to the positive!
1. It is a beautiful hotel and the room we had was lovely. Having the shower outside was pretty cool and took some getting used to. There is no fresh water plumbing so I really appreciated the fresh water tap we could use after swimming in the salt water pool.
2. The pool with the waterfall is beautiful and I love how the water is pretty deep.
3. It is right on the strip, you're steps away from oceans and the best restaurants.
4. I enjoy the two refills of water in the room daily. The make-up and turn-down services both provide two bottled waters. It is a nice gesture and very much appreciated. Also I liked the fruit that was put in the room as a welcome, very thoughtful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vila Ombak, the first international hotel on the magical island of Gili Trawangan, is a place that balances the comforts of first class accommodation with the natural beauty that surrounds.The Hotel Vila Ombak features the traditional building style of Lombok, and its neighboring islands, to blend harmoniously with the island's landscape.Hotel Vila Ombak is the winner of World Travel Awards as the Indonesia's Leading Hotel 2012, Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia Leading Island Resort - Lombok 2013, and World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013 as the Indonesia Leading Hotel 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Vila Ombak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Ombak Hotel
- Vila Ombak Gili Trawangan
- Hotel Vila Ombak Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan