Visited here for part of our honeymoon, this was the most expensive hotel of our trip costing £150+ a night for a deluxe family bungalow and I don't think it was worth that. I'm glad we didn't pay extra for the beach bungalows as our impression was you got a bit of private beach with these, which you don't. The positives were staff were all very happy and tried to be helpful and the grounds are lovely and well kept. The room was big and clean with a big bathroom. We booked a private boat snorkelling around the islands with the hotel this was amazing. We saw lots of different fish and turtles and our guide snorkelling was great! Now the negatives, nowhere near enough sun beds by the pool or beach, maybe 20 at each when there are 100+ rooms is not enough! So then you are left to pay somewhere for a sun bed after already paying ALOT for the hotel or lie on the beach which is not soft and sandy but covered in dead rough coral. Toiletries in the bathroom were never restocked. Room was not cleaned until 2/3pm in the afternoon. Our boat to Gili T was cancelled due to bad weather so we flew and arranged the "private" transfer with Vila Ombak. Arrive at lombok fine, get in the car, first thing we have to do is pay for the guys parking so we can leave, why don't they give them parking money! The guy drives like a maniac to the point where we had several very near misses and I was feeling very sick and he spoke no English so we couldn't ask him to slow down or how far it was. Finally arrive at the little harbour, after dark, there's nothing there no one to offer even a water, we have to wait for another couple about 10 minutes then were asked did we mind waiting 20 minutes for some more , we said no we had been travelling for 7 hours. In the mean time very conveniently the staff slowly loaded our bags on so by the time they were finished the other people arrived. Eventually we get on the boat, and set off only to turn around 2 minutes later to collect someone else! So what should have taken 20 minutes took an hour for a private transfer when we had to wait for others...arrived at Vila Ombak jetty at 8.15pm, no one there to help with our bags or show to reception, if it was very late at night I could understand but it was 2015 and they should have been expecting us! So we wandered around until my husband asked someone where reception was, the girl in reception did give us money off the price we had paid but really all we wanted was to not have had all the problems with the transfer and to be greeted as you would expect upon arrival at a luxury and expensive hotel! I would not stay here again and would advise others to look around as I don't feel it offers value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vila Ombak, the first international hotel on the magical island of Gili Trawangan, is a place that balances the comforts of first class accommodation with the natural beauty that surrounds.The Hotel Vila Ombak features the traditional building style of Lombok, and its neighboring islands, to blend harmoniously with the island's landscape.Hotel Vila Ombak is the winner of World Travel Awards as the Indonesia's Leading Hotel 2012, Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia Leading Island Resort - Lombok 2013, and World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013 as the Indonesia Leading Hotel 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Vila Ombak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Ombak Hotel
- Vila Ombak Gili Trawangan
- Hotel Vila Ombak Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan