We stayed for four nights in Joglo Villa at Desa Dunia Beda.
The large shared pool and beach side location is a big plus for Dunia Beda, and really enjoyed eating breakfast at the beach whilst taking in the beautiful view of the sea. The site is quiet and peaceful.
Unfortunatly, we were let down by the room we received, it most definately wasn't the room, or had anything to do with the pictures on the website. The room was very dark and dull which made visibility poor, having to use a torch at times (even in the daytime). The en-suite bathroom, or should I say small stone yard with a toilet and small plastic bucket of water (for washing) in it - hardly a 3 star facility as advertised. Also, when issued our Villa it was made very clear in a blunt manner that nothing in the room was complimentary and anything used is to be paid for. I'm not one for minding paying for what I use, but so many other resorts offer water, fruit juices etc. at a much fairer price.
A little advice, Desa Dunia Beda is located on the opposite side of the island to the harbour and main strip of shops and restaurants, so you have to cross the island (through winding paths, desolate land and rubble) to get to and from the hotel each day. Renting a bicycle is by far the best way to travel accross the island, and this resort offers bike hire at a good price (35.000IRP per day). But, be sure to map out your route across the island on day one, as you will get lost in the dark as we did and there will be nobody there to help you! It gets dark early and very quickly (by 6.30pm) so also have a torch to hand.
The service was OK but far from the friendliest we have received during our trip through Indonesia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most quiet resort on Gili Trawangan. We are located on the north part of the island and we have one off the longest beach (170 mtr),you will enjoy it having a romantic time or dinner time facing the indian ocean. With only twelve villa on our fifteen square meter property your privacy will be respected at any time during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Desa Dunia Beda Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desa Dunia Beda (Gili Trawangan - Lombok) Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Desa Dunia Beda Lombok
- Desa Dunia Beda Beach Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan