“My fav dessert”

Samarinda
“My fav dessert”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My holiday was from 24-30 of June 2014
Was very great, amnt stay at aston but I always spend my sunset time there ending with barbeque. I don't say why amnt stay at aston but I love stay sourrounding sentral they call that's why I choose stay around there.
First day I start my adventure look around this beautiful island, with sparkles sand, clear water. Than I found this hotel and I was very thirsty, we stop look around no many people some table and people doing sunbathing.the first time I see this place you feel everybody ignore you, but is ok. We think we just look around. But I really thirsty so we order drink and sit in front of the beach. Try to talk with the waiter ask about this hotel, ask about barbeque how the ambience I ask what time approximately barbeque is busy. Around 6-8 PM. So tonight we wanna try this barbeque. Same like today nobody come to us, we just come and find our table took so long to make waiter come to our table because is busy time. My husband said you still want dinner here, I said yes of course, am falling in love with this place I don't know. Finally we order drink and got the barbeque, before we got explanation from grill man(we call that) very clear. That first time at aston but I would like to come for second time and tell to my husband I really sure they very hospitality, maybe they got rush hours so we have to understand, they not ignore us. Second time we come there at 8 PM so not really busy we think, unfortunately still busy. But we don't fell ignored because one person guide us to find table and say hallo and we tell him this the second time we come. And he said thank you for the second time. I felt better we enjoy this dinner and my beautiful dessert pancake. After that we never come again till my b last nite at trawangan, we want do some romantic dinner we come to aston again, than the grill man come to us that am sure he is the chef and say hallo how are you, he ask this is the first time you come here he ask us, I tell him this is the the third time and he very surprise and say thank you he introduce his self he is the chef ahaaa exactly what I think before and I tell him this my last nite so we wanna do some romantic dinner and his face little bit sad and look some place, then he show us that place for romantic dinner but we have to book first, the place yea romantic in front of beach and very romantic. And tell him is ok I think like this we felt romantic and need your suggest to make complete what kind food you prefer for tonight he suggest to order ikan kakap dabu2 and Es klapa muda. Sound not special this menu so my husband take barbeque and I am order chef recomended.
Totally different from first time we came and tonight, we felt special even we not hotel guest, so amnt wrong to give chance try again to come here. The staff friendly, hospitality ambience, the service so so but quick respon and complete with amazing food and sweetest dessert my fav cheese cake.
I recomended for your great holiday to stay at Aston

• Stayed June 2014
AstonGiliTrawangan, ​Aston International Corporate office at Aston Sunset Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Mama_indi17,
Im so glad you enjoyed your visit if only for a short while during the sunset. Hope to see you again soon!

​Aston International Corporate office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Some how the garden light next to the gazebo is not working after 3x mentioned it to the front office.

Short of the house keeping staff can obviously be seen, whereas the room has not been tidy up every day and need to be reminded several times.

Very friendly staffs in the restaurant. Strong odor from the kitchen next to the restaurant during the cleaning up in dinner time.

I think hotel needs to make some arrangements with the only available "cidomo" so that no increasing fee during check out time.

Some room facilities including the pool are not well maintained.
Wifi OK. Front office staff were very polite, even though somehow the registration and check our system were century old.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dinah N
Hi Dinah!
Thanks for your review. Sorry about the garden light not getting fixed, we have been extremely short staffed in a few departments but are working on hiring many more to bring our service up to a higher level for everyone.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I booked to stay at the Aston Sunset hotel on Gili T for 4 nights. We had previously stayed at an Aston hotel in Bali, and had a great time, so were very much looking forward to our trip, especially as the rates were very reasonable for a 5 star hotel. How disappointed we were.

The hotel is located on the west of Gili T, and requires a transfer by horse and cart on arrival. After that is is around a 2-3km walk into the main town, however there are some good restaurants closer by, north and south of the hotel.

The check in was chaotic, and as a room wasn't ready for us (we arrived at 1.30pm) we went to the restaurant to have some lunch. Most of the free tables were covered in dirty plates and glasses, and we had to go and get the menus ourselves, and order at the bar, despite there being 4 staff stood around. When the food arrived, the quality and portion sizes were poor, and we ended up sending the food back.

Our Club room was quite tired and dull, and not as clean as it could have been, and the Club benefits consisted of two bottles on beer to take away! There were no free seats by the pool, or on the terrace by the sea, and there were so many people smoking it was really unpleasant. The following morning, the service at breakfast managed to out do the previous days lunch; Our table was covered in dirty crockery for the duration, despite us asking 4 times for it to be cleaned. The food selection was poor, and they had run out of several items. As a result of all these factors we decided to check out after one night. This hotel may seem good value, but is certainly not 5 star; my advice would be to steer clear. Very very disappointing.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are by the pool, closest to the beach and bar/restaurant, next are the villas, wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JPSG81
AstonGiliTrawangan, ​Aston International Corporate office at Aston Sunset Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
I am so very sorry your stay did not meet up to your expectations for our Aston brand. We are working very hard to fix up the property, hire more staff, train and implement various changes to get things running smoothly. We currently have 6 different corporate staff on site who flew in to meet with different departments and go one by one through each issue helping them to improve.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in June. As mentioned by previous reviewers, this hotel is a bit far from the harbour and though we did walk the distance a few times, bringing your luggage with you may be difficult. For this, horse carts are available, even early in the morning or at night, but it costs 100000rp one way, which can be a tad expensive. Anyhow, bicycles are available from the hotel though the numbers are limited and the condition of some of these bikes are not so good. We did rent some nicer bikes from the harbour area.
As for the service, sad to say, most of the reviewers are right. The hotel seems to be understaffed or maybe the staff move at a slower spend perhaps. Who knows. But most of the time, orders are slow and at breakfast, they just did not seem able to cope with the number of guests. Some times, no waiters were seen at all. Having said that, the staff were otherwise very courteous and friendly and always greeted you with a smile or a hello.
The room, we took the aston club room, was comfortable, especially the bed. But there were lots of Mosquitos in the room. The hotel does provide the plug in repellant but it did not seem to help. S I would suggest you bring your own bug spray or repellant.
Now, for the beach. Yes I agree this place has some gorgeous sunsets, but the sea on is side of the island is unswimmable. It was very corally, and the waters were rough. So if you like to actually get in the sea water, then this beach is not for you. Instead we biked to the other side of the island , where the beach was calm and beautiful with torquoise waters which were swimmable especially during the high tide( near Laguna gili resort). However, most parts of this island is corally, so if you are going to get in the water, bring appropriate footwear.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hema H
Hi Hema! Thanks for your feedback. While waiting for the new orders of bicycles we have rented bicycles from other providers on the island to give to our guests. Im looking into the possibility to have a metal basket attachment behind the bicycles so that guests can easily place their luggage on the bike when they come and go.

Aston International Corporate office
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there a week ago, and its quite far from the harbour but it's worth it. The place is very good, especially the ocean view.

But sadly there are some downsides. I had my breakfast and wanted to ride a bike so I did and I asked the staff to pump my tire bc it feels a bit flat then he said that there is nothing wrong with the tire, so I insisted to give it some air, and he did. But when I got back the bike he was rudely say "here". Then when I was going back to the hotel after dinner at the other side of the island, I had to push my bike in a total darkness because it has flat tire again.

Later that night when I was trying to sleep, the room above me was very noisy as it seems the hotel is poorly constructed with inadequate sound proofing. Otherwise I found the room and bathroom quite nice.

Food needs a huge overhaul as everything I ate at the hotel, including breakfast, was dull and flavourless.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gung I
Thank you for your review. We are in the process of doing a total rehaul of the menu, food variation, quality and flavor as well as service. We are planning to add some live cooking stations and special themed nights on the beach front. I hope the next time you come to Gili you can visit and see the improvements.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The service ob the f&b side is not at all what you'd expect from this type of accommodation. Don't get me wrong, everyone is super friendly and the villas are well maintained but having to ask three times for a single beer and still not receiving one is just a single example of very very slow service. At breakfast people had to sit at tables that weren't cleared with no plates or cups available.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Richard, Im sorry the service from our f&b staff was slow. You are absolutely correct that you shouldnt have to ask multiple times for the same thing. Service is one of our top priorities in the hospitality industry and this is at the top of my list of emergency fixes for this hotel.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Me my husband decided to go to Gili T for a couple of days of Our honeymoon but were both very disappointed by Aston Sunset Beach. The service was terrible from start to finish. Everything from the transportation there from Lovina, Bali, to the staff working at the hotel was just a disaster. They were very friendly though, but that's not enough when they end up making promises they can't keep and/or when the food in the restaurant is tasteless. Unfortunately we were not the only ones who were actually happy to leave, which is such ashame when the location is fantastic for honeymooners and/or couples. We also had mosquitos, lizards and ants in our room.. Even though they changed it!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sofia P
Congratulations Sofia on your wedding! I'm sorry your honeymoon trip was dampened by the shortcomings of our hotel. I know you cant redo a moment like that, so I deeply apologize.