“Don't bother! ” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dream Village

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Dream Village
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Don't bother! ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights which I had booked in advance. I wish I had done a little more research and found somewhere nicer.
It was expensive for what is was, dark, dusty rooms with cold showers.
There is a mosque next door that starts it's morning prayer at 4AM, with a microphone and speakers, it feels as though it is IN your room. Not relaxing at all - it then goes on intermittently all day and evening.

The staff are unhelpful and not interested in their customers needs or interests.

For breakfast you get to choose 3 choices from the menu. The first day I chose tea, toast and a pancake. The pancake was under cooked and still very doughy. All 3 pieces of 'toast' I was given which were more like warm bread all had speckles of blue and green mould all over them.
The next morning I opted for a cheese toastie instead of the mouldy bread and it never arrived after sitting in the breakfast are for 40mins after receiving the pancake.

The bed sheets weren't changed in 4 nights and when we asked for new towels we were told they weren't available.

The last morning after packing our cases I noticed that some of my make up had gone missing, even though it had been in the same place for the 4 days. I searched all over the room in the awfully lit room but it was nowhere to be found.
Unfortunately, I think it had been stolen by the young cleaners.
There is a safe in the room, be sure to USE IT and put anything in there light fingers may take a fancy to.

It was a good location and you can use their beds on the beach which was the best thing about the place.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GemmaG937

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here for 1 night only. Whilst the bungalows are attractive, modern and spacious, during wet season the grass thatch dampens and the smell is very unpleasant...so we opted for the apartment bedroom instead.

Room was large, clean and the en suite, fairly spectacular. Huge mirror, beautiful marble walls and floor, power shower, marble basin, 2 towels pp - very swish for relatively actively budget accommodation.

Air con came as standard too - necessary extra and nice not to be charged more like nearby competitors. Bed was comfortable, complimentary water. No mosquito net, but the AC seemed to keep them away for the most part.

On the downside, location whilst central and good for beach and harbour - the mosque and nearby bars are really noisy, into the night.

Breakfast was fairly unpleasant - the orange is a heavily sweetened chemical combo and the pancake nothing to rave about. Probably the poorest quality we've experienced in the area.

And wifi didn't reach the rooms. On a very rainy night, we had to huddle in macs at reception to read emails.

Overall, better than average but not exceptional.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I wish I did my research a little more before I booked here. I think it's very likely that you can find a bungalow that's cheaper, and much nicer.

Pros: nice location; right by the beach front; friendly front desk staff; close to convenient store and bike/snorkeling gear rentals; close to restaurants

Cons: paper thin walls; breakfast was nothing to rave about and the silverware looked dirty; the owner quoted me 450,000 rupiah for private transportation from Senggigi to Gili T and I ended up paying 520,000 rupiah instead. The front desk told me that's how much I owed them since it was written in their transportation log book...I told them that I was quoted a different amount from the owner. The log book indeed said 520,000. I couldn't not pay them b/c I didn't think it was the fault of the staff, and the owner wasn't around for me to speak to....so I ended up forking over the additional 70,000 rupiah. In the end, I booked transportation back to the airport on Lombok with someone else.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My friends and I stayed here for3 nights and are very happy with it. The room is simple but adequately furnished with air-cond, fan, big bed, lots of wardrobe space, safe box and a huge toilet. The rooms are cleaned everyday morning, with bath & beach towels changed.

The beach is right in front of the resort with beach chairs & wifi connection.

The staff are friendly and helpful. Fresh breakfast are prepared when ordered.

Our stay was comfortable and enjoyable, and it was definitely value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SharonWTT
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed two nights and really enjoyed ourselves. Bungalows are immaculate with open air bathroom and good air conditioning. No pool, but just across road from the beach with dedicated lounge chairs. Good location, close to main area, but far enough that you don't hear the booming music from some restaurants. Staff was great. Breakfast was delicious at nice tables in the sand.

The mosque noise isn't a problem. The mosque makes a short announcement at 5:00am with a short follow-up, and then nothing until 8 or 9am. So, you can just go back to sleep. Pretty much can't escape it anywhere in the main area, as there are two mosques.

Angelo, the owner, was so friendly and helpful. He arranged a private boat and transportation for us from Gili T to Lombok with another couple to save us money.

I booked through email with Angelo, who was very prompt in responses. There are bungalows and hotel style rooms available. All were nice.

Gratsi, Angelo & Staff!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HeidiKenton
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We made a booking from Holland to stay for 2 nights in this cozy cottage. The island was amazing and one on the best places we've ever visited! We enjoyed our stay at Angelo's place. He was very nice and helpfull. It was no problem to book an extra night.

Dream Village is at the end of Gili's "main street" so a little bit less busy.They cottage looked great! The bathroom is outside of the cottage but it was a great experience. Bring your flashlight for during the night. You can use the light in and outside of the cottage. But I don't think you want to attract a lot of bugs. And sometimes the generator on the island doesn't work for a short period. The breakfest was good (a lot of fruit and banana pancakes).
The beach is on the other side of the street (10m). Beds & towels are available for free. Restaurants are just around the corner.

We stayed here in 2012. Untill that moment only backpackers visited the island but as far as we could see they were building resorts at the other side of the island. So I expect in the forthcoming years the island will be loaded with tourists.

Take care you bring enough money to the island. There is an ATM but if you are unlucky it's empty.
During low season visit different operators and you can negotiate for boat tickets. Book always your hotel/hostel before you arrive at the island. There is a possibility everything is fully booked.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KellyRichard
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

'Dream Village' is located right by the beach. We had a very nice and clean bungalow with a fridge, well working A/C and an open bathroom. The Bungalow got cleaned up every day. Breakfast is also included and was a good variety and very tasteful.
We went there in the low season so the price for the location was excellent!

Angelo is the owner of 'Dream Village' and a very easy going guy. He always has an ear for you and makes everything as easy as possible. He helped us a lot to arrange a privat boat to gili air in last minute which was very important for us.

overall 9/10 :)