“First time in gili air”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Gili Air
Erfurt, Germany
“First time in gili air”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Value for money, they clean the room everyday, friendly staff, good service especially beachfront sundeck & gazebo that is free for the guest. Juice in Restaurant was not so tasty and a bit more expensive than other same class Restaurant. The beach area was wonderful. That's a plus too. Unfortunately the club near the hotel was too loud!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ratukd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our 2 nights in Gili Air. Area's (Pool/walkways/gardens) were kept so clean, beautiful and large pool, central location on Island.
Ate breakfast overlooking the beach. It was beautiful.
Staff were very accommodating.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisabhearn
thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

i normally praise the hotel where I stay , I booked the hotel by booking.com as I was due to meet a client in Gili Air as it was easy for this client to pick me with his boat . upon arrival of the hotel the front office wanted to charge me 3 % commission as I was paying with a credit card , IT IS ILLEGAL to ask extra money from your customer , the hotel was rated 3 star , the room given to me had no AC and no Hot Water , the fan provided was one" antique plastic " fan blowing at 10 centimetre from his base , the room was open to mosquito and roaches we found them in the bathroom , the back window in the so call bathroom was giving inside of a store ,the bathroom has no tap it is coming directly from the pipe. I requested the front office to change my room but he mention that he had no more room with AC available and as I paid he could not refund my money .diner time I went out as my client was more attracted by local barbecue , but reading the menu in the afternoon we decided to come back for the dessert as the French chef was highly promoted on the menu , we took at the cirque ( meaning circus in French ) the profiteroles and a chocolate fondant profiterole must have been for a long time in the fridge they were soggy the chocolat pour on the top was of a very bad quality stick to the plate , as per the fondant meaning Melting in French it was not melting and hard to cut must have been in the fridge for few days
thanks god I spent only one nite there never wish to have this type of experience ever to the owner or manager of this place don't call 3 star a shack room

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank capricornThailand

Travellers are raving about these Gili Air hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We came to Gili Air without hotel booking and chose this acommodation among the many possibilities provided. The beach bungalows are spacy, clean and well equiped. The garden has many beautiful plants and trees providing nice shade. The stuff is very kind and helpful. The restaurant across the street is equiped in style and the fresh juices are really delicious. The prices are reasonable. Don't miss this hotel while staying in Gili Air!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We took particular care in choosing our stay on Gili Air. It was a big celebration and we wanted a sea view. Sunrise offered to "Make your holiday special" - perfect , we thought. The Sunrise Suites seemed to fit the bill and advertised as "Beach front units" at top dollar. Five were available it said.
Having booked and spent a long time looking forward to this part of our stay we were somewhat disappointed to be shown to one of two units behind three on the beachfront. Ours was not a beachfront unit and I asked if we may have one of the front ones which we had expected. Alas I was advised that there were booked and would not become free until after we left. I shall try and post our view of the sea. It was, as Basil Fawlty would have said" that small patch of blue through the gap in between the sky and the trees". More of a glimpse than a view. Most of our view was the back of two beachfront units - insult to injury really as they were what we wanted.
The rooms themselves were spacious, cool and well designed. All that was promised - apart from the view- the bed was roomy and comfortable and the upstairs was a great place to relax provided you liked to look at the back of the rooms you wanted.
The bathroom was very large and attractive but - not much of a but - in a climate like this why was there no hot water. Its essential for a proper shave. This was a possible explanation for hairy faced men all over the island.
The breakfast was pleasant and the seafront seating area our favourite - get the feel for what were looking for? The restaurant food was excellent and although the staff were very enthusiastic they did not always catch on to what was wanted. However, they were a delight to chat to and joke with.
Given that the island is known for couples I was surprised at the number of small children. Generally the pool was a bit of a kindergarten but it was nice to use now and then.
Would we stay here again? Possibly but maybe more research as there are lots of other places with guaranteed views of the sea - uninterrupted!

Room Tip: Specify a front row sea view if that is what you want - do not accept rooms 27 or 28 as they are bla...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Colincjr
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Sunrise is a nice place to stay in Gili Air, the waterfront location is perfect. Deep inside swimming pool, garden, and cottages make it a peaceful gateaway. The only sound is the sea water hits the shore, and rare honk of cidomo (horse cart) around.
Gili air divers is in the front of the receptionist, will give special rate for the guests of Sunrise. Perfect.
One thing must be assured ahead is your room choice. Since they offer rooms with AC or fan only, at the same price. Aircon is a must have item since the heat is unbearable. My mistake, i didnt double check my choice once i booked. Realizing that i only get a room with fan when I'm cheking in. Ups..its boiling. Lucky I stayed for only 1 nite.
I still plan to return with better clarification and confirmation when booking.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diannatalia
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I loved our villa, especially the stone bathroom. no tv which didn't really matter, as there was better things to do. comfy bed. I liked the hotel pool too. breakfast was ok. the check in and check out was a nightmare! lining up, waiting for ages, lots of confusion over my booking. it almost ruined the stay but not quiet. our room was overlooking the front and I thought it would be noisy but it wasn't too bad. if you are wanting a really really quiet place, better to go further up the road though. but I liked being so close to the restaurants etc. I would stay again.

Room Tip: deluxe villa was awesome - room 30
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple