First: You do not come to the Gilis to fall in love with a resort (there is not 5star PAMPERING like on Maldevies - but you know that before you come! Maybe it is even the reason WHY you come!). You fall in love with the Gilis, their surroundings and the ultimately laid back atmosphere (it does not feel commercial at all). For us Gili Air was one of the most lovely places we have ever been to in the world!
The "Manta Dive Gili Air Resort" is located at one of the best parts of the beach of Gili Air. You can go snorkelling directly from the beach - we did not only see lots of fish and great corals, but also giant Sea Turtles (5 times snorkelling on 2 day meant finding 3 times Sea Turtles!). These guys can you really make your day when watching them and even swimming with them!
Furthermore Manta Dive is located not far away from nice restaurants like "Chill Out Bar" and the very small town of Gili Air. So you are near to life - but you will never feel that the area around you is crowded. It's tranquil and extremely relaxing.
The rooms we had at Manta Dive were alright but quite basic. Disadvantages: The air conditioning was very loud, the shower did not always function perfect, the walls lost some colours. But: The staff of Manta Dive was very friendly and helping us with everything. They also offered us to accompany the divers (we are just snorklers) to the diving spots and see even more of the fantastic underwater world - just for free. The restaurant directly at the beach is nice and offering good food, including the breakfast. And all of this does not even cost you more than 50 bucks a day.
All in all we were very confident in choosing the Manta Divve Resort and can recommend it to anyone going to the Gilis!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manta Dive Resort, 11 beautiful rooms, all air con, hot water, safety box, swimming pool, generator (many power cuts on island), all dive courses and fun dives available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Manta Dive Gili Air Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manta Dive Gili Air Hotel Gili Air
- Manta Dive Gili Air Resort Gili Islands