“Conny is the best!!! :)”

Manta Dive Gili Air
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Gili Air
österreich
“Conny is the best!!! :)”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We had a lot of fun making our open water course at manta dive gili air :). Our diving instructor conny was very relaxed and caring at the same time which was the perfect combination for us! We can't imagine going diving with somebody else...
The dive sites are awesome too - we saw a shark, turtles, an octopus and a lot of corals and other fish...
michi & robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Exceptional Dive Shop on Gili Air”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I visited Manta Dive for the second time this past July/August and was thrilled to see that the atmosphere at the dive shop was still amazing! Having gone diving at other locations in the Caribbean and Indonesia, I can honestly say that this is by far the most comfortable and professional place to dive. As a "fun diver", you'll be well taken care of and can rest assured that every detail will be organized and taken care of. Staff arrive early in the morning to set up equipment and prepare for a day of diving. The boats are comfortable with fantastic sun decks and a friendly boat crew that assist you with your equipment when needed. The dive sites vary daily, providing lots of things to see if you're planning on doing more than one dive. The shop is also open to requests for dive sites and routinely accommodated people who were hoping to dive at certain locations. When I left Manta, they had three incredibly friendly dive masters, whose intricate knowledge of the dive sites ensured that you were in safe hands. Manta offers a myriad of courses, which can be organized within your timelines and taught in a variety of languages. I ended up taking a course again with Pia and still believe that you can't find a better instructor. A number of people I met were taught by Conny, who is arguably the happiest person you'll ever meet. The amostphere at Manta cannot be beat. It's relaxed, friendly, professional and will definitely enhance your vacation. If you're looking for a place to stay, their accommodation is fantastic and offered at a price that can't be beat. I really cannot express how fantastic this shop is. As a result of Manta Dive, I extended my vacation on GA and struggled to leave when I left for home. The office staff and the coffee shop ladies are so incredibly friendly. Just trust me and stop by for a quick visit...you'll see what I mean.

4 Thank jmarti123
Phuket, Thailand
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best dive organisation on Gili Air”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Manta Dive on Gili Air Island Indonesia (Just over from Bali) have given us the best experience in years.

Good: They offer a full range of diving courses, but as beginners we took the Open Water Diver training. This takes 3-4 days or as long as you need. They are SSI accredited and have the exceptional staff from the gardener through to the manager.

Our instructors Stephan and Johan were professional, calm and patient. And we tried their patience with repeated errors- always responded with - lets try again - with encouragement.

Would we go again? Most definitely - When we can afford the time to escape the work world.

Bad points: We couldn't find any.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank lupari2
Innsbruck, Österreich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of my trip!”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

diving with the guys of manta dive was just awesome: friendly and professional stuff, cool and relaxed atmosphere and incredibile beautiful dive-sites created BIG smiles on our faces after every single dive!!
After the OW course we extended our stay for the advanced course with my favorite experience: the night dive!
Fair course fees AND nice instructors made an irresistable package and I am looking forward to be back to Gili Air @ Manta Dive. Thank you guys for all these unforgettable impressions.

1 Thank jlu1976
Sydney, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome diving, wonderful staff & lovely accommodation.”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Travelled to Gili Air in June/July 2011 and had an absolutely wonderful time hanging out with the crew at Manta Dive. The staff were amazing and looked after us so well and they are all such lovely people. The atmosphere at the dive centre was very friendly and relaxed and very welcoming. We will go back in the future and have already recommended it to other people wishing to dive or just hang out.

Visited July 2011