“Amazing Dive Outfit”

Manta Dive Gili Air
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Gili Air
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Manta Dive Gili Air opened in 2008 with a few rooms, one boat and a dozen sets of diving equipment. Over the last 9 exciting years we have expanded the business to its full potential, teaching thousands of happy students along the way. We are now the leading SSI dive center in the region, offering SSI and Padi beginner dive courses and SSI professional levels, guiding qualified divers to see the delights around the Gili Islands, and accommodating our guests in our resort rooms. Our management and staff are on hand to answer any questions you have and to make sure that your diving and holiday with us is one to remember.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Manta Dive is an exceptionally well run diving shop with lots to offer. My instructor Laura B was professional and so much fun to dive with. She kept all the dives fun and informational. The staff at Manta were professional and always ready to help and provide hints on what to see and look out for.

There were turtle fight!!!...Turtle fights people!!!!

Would definitely come back again! 5 stars!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

After diving in many shops around the world I am happy to say that this place is the best of the best. Great equipment, great facilities and most importantly great instructors. The atmosphere at the shop was brilliant and fun but always professional. I was led on my course by Dr Al...........I called him this because (1) his knowledge of nitrox was amazing and in depth (always reassuring when your instructor knows his subject inside out) and (2) his expertise in helping to remove the painful sea urchin spikes from my foot was most welcome. Also, very surprising for an Englishmen - he is fluent in more than one language!!!!!!!
I can not recommend this place enough - Thank you to everyone else that I dived with there - you guys should be proud of the environment you have created (Sam, Opik, Emma and Rob).

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I did my open water course and a fun dive with Manta dive and they were brilliant. My instructor was Laura B (or Laura 2 as noted on the board!) she was wonderful, I was really nervous but she was fantastically clear while not being at all patronising. I can't recommend her highly enough- she was also brilliant with a girl in my group (of 3) who had several panics underwater. All the instructors seemed good though and the groups are always small- a max of 4 which is so much better than lots of other outfits I looked at to do my open water!

It was so good I'm going back before the end of my holiday in indonesia!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Manta were excellent. Would definitely come back. Recommend Rob Ladd, very friendly, patient, and teaches at the right rate depending on your rate of learning. Was in either group of 4 or just 2 through the course. That said all staff seemed easy to get along with and professional, and would have been happy with any of them.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I recently completed my open water scuba dive qualification with Manta Dive and had a fantastic time. Our instructor Rob Ladd was a great dude, who was very knowledgeable and extremely calm and patient.
After some initial troubles at the beginning of course with my breathing & equalizing, by the end of the course Rob had me feeling very confident and enthusiastic about being on the reef. I highly recommend Manta- all the dive instructors seemed extremely competent, but very laid back and full of good humour. Gili Air is paradise, sad we had to leave. Hope to be back to dive again with Manta in the future.