“Retreat or boarding school!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of H20 Yoga and Meditation Centre

H20 Yoga and Meditation Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the idyllic Island of Gili Air, Indonesia near Lombok and Bali - H2O Yoga and Meditation Centre is the ultimate Island escape. Sunrise, sunset, sea, sand, scuba, snorkeling and yoga...Nneed we say more?! We offer twice daily Yoga classes, introductory meditation and Chi Kung sessions, workshops, massage and a variety of holistic healing treatments. We also host Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Trainings as well as yoga and meditation retreats.
Busselton, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Retreat or boarding school!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Whilst Bindu was a lovely person and the venue great, I found the retreat program too structured.....and seeing as I had a short break didn't fancy getting up at 5am in order to welcome the sun which rises after 6am......plus no talking at dinner and more....( walking meditation was seriously ridiculous!- felt so stupid we got the giggles.....) .It wasn't about the fact we wanted to "party"..., more that I personally was looking for help with self practice, and the yoga was only once daily, not twice as I thought. There were a lot of rules! so sadly not for me or my sister and unfortunately no refund of any kind, ( and we only attended the first afternoon) so make sure you read exactly what the retreat is about before committing. The island of Gili Air is beautiful, and if not for intending joining this retreat I would never have ventured there.... so glad I did...it's an amazing place, with friendly people, beautiful water and very fresh delicious food. The locals embraced my sister and I and made us very welcome so we did have a wonderful time, albeit a little different to what we initially envisaged. Great snorkelling, fishing, sunrise meditation & yoga ( my own!) - I'd love to visit again.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Karen W
Bindu M, Owner at H20 Yoga and Meditation Centre, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
It is said that the journey within is possibly the hardest journey we shall make in or life but the most rewarding one. With effort we make progress. Our retreats are designed for people to look at there life to gain clarity on their direction. When we remove ourselves from the bubble we live in we can see things much clearer. As our many positive reviews show we assist people in reaching their full potential.. Learning many meditation techniques and the possibility of developing your own practice are some of the helpful tools you will leave with. It is very rare for a guest to leave our retreats, we always encourage them to stay as we know how they will benefit, but if they have come for other reasons then we also encourage them to follow there hearts, live with joy and then return to us when the time is right. If someone decides to leave a retreat on the first day, when it has already commenced due to their own personal reasons then as our cancellation policy states a refund is not possible.

• Korean first
“A gem in paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at H20 yoga for a 7day yoga and meditation nature retreat and absolutely loved it. The instructors Sara, Anya and Bindu (founder) were all incredible in there own styles of teaching. I stayed in Water Lily which is a twin cabin and it was very clean and basic. The Center is close to the beach and a short walk to the main strip but is very peaceful. Going into the retreat all I wanted was to practice yoga and build on my meditation skills and I ended up getting far more than that. It was a life changing experience and I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to try yoga for the first time or someone who is going through a personal journey.

Visited June 2014
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Re-discovering peace and joy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you are ever lucky enough to visit Indonesia, take a ferry out to the small island called Gill Air. It is there you will be transported back in time to a walking/biking or pony cart method of getting around the island. Not that it is very big, around 1.5 hours to walk around. The main attraction on the island is the meditation and yoga retreat. They have regular retreats that cater for beginner or experienced yoga practitioner. Great tuition and place to unwind and discuover yourself again. Dont hesitate, this is a must do!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mariarnne
Helsinki, Finland
“Find your inner peace in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I went for a yoga and meditation retreat in H2O to disconnect, relax and to find inner peace and harmony. That I indeed got and a lot more. The place is located on the beautiful island of Gili Air, the retreat accommodation is very comfortable and nice, and the staff is truly friendly and skillful in what they do. In addition, I really enjoyed the retreat program which was in my opinion a perfect balance of structure and free time. I would recommend H2O Yoga and Meditation for anyone looking for connecting with nature, themselves and to find tools to cope with the busy daily life. I cannot think of a better way to do it!

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on the island for 6 nights and went to a class every day.
After having experienced a few awful lessons in Bali and Trawangan (Playing Metallica through a session, really?!) this was a total oasis. I didn't stay there but the bungalows and bathrooms looked very nice and the setting is very peaceful. The matts and equipment looked very new, you're asked to wash them down after a class, so they don't smell and you know they've been wipes down! The setting is very green and peaceful, loved the candles in the evening. Mosquitoes are a problem but the staff light coils and provide free natural insect repellent so they weren't a problem at all when I was there.
The teachers were the best ones I've had in Idonesia, providing clear instructions, demonstrations, looking after beginners whilst keeping the flow of the class going. I only had Sarah and Anya which were both amazing. No idea who the Australian older lady with pig tails mentioned in the previous review is.
All the people I met there were lovely and friendly, my 11 year old son even joined a class and loved it.
Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye, but we had to leave in a hurry.
Keep up the good work everyone!

1 Thank Corinne A