“True Italian”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vista Mare is one of the best restaurants located in the north south area of Gili Air island. The menu mainly consists of international dish between western and Indonesian food. The Restaurant is literally next to the beach and has one of the best views on the island. It is strategically located at the point where the sun sets so you can relax and also enjoy from our full bar set menu while enjoying the view. If you just want to relax and enjoy the view without having to sit at the restaurant? No problem, we also have Sun beds where you can comfortably lie down, basking in the warm sun and let our waiters bring your drinks or food. Vista Mare has a solid reputation around the island for a long time and our consistency in services, food and drinks quality is a testament to ensure you have a pleasant experience.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Seriously, good pizza and the pasta was great too. Better than I would ever have expected on this small island. We have been there three times already and I’m not fully done with their pizza yet. Truly authentic Italian on Gili Air.

Vista Mare I, Proprietario at Vista Mare Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great food, full flavours, great service....need I say more? You definitely need to try this place while at Gili Air. It also is a lovely spot for the sunset!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Although I have lived overseas for 15 years, I grew up in Italy and I think I can still spot an authentic Italian restaurant amongst the sea of mediocre 'Italian' places around the world.

Put it simply, this place is the real deal: freshly made pasta, amazing flavours, great service. The owners seem to go out of their way to please diners, and it shows: the restaurant is a great combination of amazing food, attention to details and perfect location.
A 'must-go-to' food venue in Gili Air, without any doubts.

Vista Mare I, Proprietario at Vista Mare Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thankyou....

Reviewed 27 August 2013

When you realy want to eat fantastic Italian food, don't miss Vista Mare. Kind staff and a very nice atmosphere, we will be back.

Vista Mare I, Proprietario at Vista Mare Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Vista Mare is a great restaurant with Italien food! And the service was super!!! I will recomend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting Gili Air. I hope to come back once to Gili Air and we most surtenly will have diner again at Vista Mare.