“Good bungalows ”
Review of Beda Bungalow

Beda Bungalow
Ranked #119 of 158 Speciality Lodging in Gili Air
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We booked for a couple of nights and was pleased with the accommodation, it is a good choice if you want to stay on the quieter north side of the island and is just a couple of mins to the beach and a restaurant . We used as initial place to stay while we looked around the island for accommodation that suited out needs more. I was pleased with the breakfast, except for the coffee because it had sugar in it , I assume it a pre blended mix as I asked for no sugar three times .
The sheets and towels had a lovely clean smell to them. It was just about ok with just a fan but AC is the way to go if it is in your budget.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adam_Carter

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a good time on Gili Air, definitely our favorite island. The bungalow we stayed in here was the last one, which was a different style from the rest. I guess it was cheaper but we didn't realize what we were getting when we reserved the place. The place is a bit far from the main area of the island and so it is a bit hard to get to if you want to do things at night. Otherwise it was fine. There is a bike rental place next door where you can get a bike for 35,000 rupiah / night (about 3 USD). If you need to find it from the beach, take the road next to Matahari bar/bungalows and walk inland for a couple minutes.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PCVIndo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Actually I only wanted to forget this experience but people should know that. We are travelling with a round-the-world ticket for one year and this was our worst experience in the first 9 month! That the owner Amil denied the malaria-risk of gili air and submits that there a no mosquitos around here although our Bungalow was full of it when we arrived (we started with killing at least 10 mosquitos) is another thing. that the toilet and room floor wasnt clean also. And that we had to start our day once with sour milk in our tea also. We connived over these things. But what really developped bad was the dishonest and insolent way he was behaving: We booked the Bungalow online with a particular price but inadvertently with a wrong date which I realized when we were already moved in. The owner Amil and we checked the reservation conditions together in the Internet and were laughing about the date mistake. everything seemed to be alright. we even wanted to stay longer on the nice gili Island and we asked to stay few nights longer in the Bungalow after checking that moving into another one is not worth for the price weve booked it. the owners true face appeared with the paying process. he slandered again that getting the money is the only thing hes interested in and then he wanted more money from us than we booked. he said our wrong date showed us a wrong price and the real price is higher. I said we checked our booking together and he didnt said a word. Also not when we wanted to stay longer. He said he is still the cheapest bungalow here which is a lie. Then he even provocated with laughing that we HAVE to pay that because we already used the bungalow. I was flubbergasted, didnt want to fight, and payed. Before leaving I said this was an unhonest way, he should have told us before. it was clear that he really played a bad game. The discussion started in which he got aggressive and more aggressive and interrupted me all the time. When I said also loud he shall stop interrupting me he walked in front of my face and banged the fist against the wall. This was so incredible aggressive and rude, I never experienced something like this. My boy-friend regretted later that he was still in the bungalow at this moment. I only wanted to leave this place, we went into the horse car and told the carter to get off but AMIL forbade him to leave, he wanted to hear from us that we are wrong. He wanted to force us to battle with him and even adhered the horsecar when we tried again to leave. His only worry now was a bad review in internet, like he said, but I cant do him this favor any longer. Im writing this with a bit distance, it was middle of august, and I think my review has to protect others from escalations like that. So dont support this man, he is very encroaching with violent potential, especially when a woman doesnt obeys like his wife is doing it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank sonnengruss2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay at Beda. Good price, good large bungalows and a nice breakfast with good selection.
Seconds from the beach, ten or so minutes from the main bar / restaurant area of the island. Nice owners and the young lad who is around is a good help for everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I did the laundry there.They distroied my termic clothes, they ironed it so they burned completely ! and they didn t want to pay for the mistake, they just told to me that was an accident because the lady didn't knew the material and she didn't thought to read the instruction inside! . They were very unpolitie and roudes! I suggest you not going

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Francydipi
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed there a week, the bungalow was very clean, the breakfast was good and the location is pretty cool, not on the busy side of the island!

Amil knows how to take care of his guest, and he answered to all of my requests...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Me and a friend stayed at Beda Bungalows for four nights and we had a really good time.
Breakfast, which is included, was tasty. Owners are very friendly and helpful.
Beach is really close, just a few minutes walk and there are some nice warungs at the beach as well. About 15 minutes walk from the ferry.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends