“A bit of paradise”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dorothy B
Surrey, Canada
“A bit of paradise”
Reviewed 3 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

I was recently at a beautiful vacation rental on the Sunshine Coast, B.C. It is called Halfmoon Haven and is a haven for anyone who needs to be restored, healed and inspired. The setting is so beautiful it takes your breath away. It is located on Welcome Beach, the best beach on the Sunshine Coast. The owners, Chris and Jenn Fletcher were very welcoming and gave us a tour of the property. There is a lovely cottage on the beach and another rental up at the top of the large lot. We were given a delightful breakfast basket, complete with bread, homemade jam, coffee, fruit and fresh market eggs. As we were enjoying the hot tub eagles were circling above us. I saw Orca whales in the bay and another woman said she had just seen dolphins and sea lions the week before. There is also a large yurt for rent for groups and I am thinking of taking my women’s group there. We went on some hikes nearby, such as to Smuggler’s Cove where the beavers are building their dams. Jenn is a massage therapist and trained in Hawaii in lomi lomi massage. It was such a healing experience to have a massage from her in her lovely studio. This is on the top of my list for a beautiful vacation experience. I can highly recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful beach
Liked least: it rained one day
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 May 2012
Did you also know that Welcome Beach is considered by most locals to be the best beach on the Sunshine Coast, as well as having 7-14 more days of Sunshine then Hawaii, due our our micro climate. It is also a great spot to see Grey Whales in the summer time.
Vancouver
Reviewed 15 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
15 Mar 2012
The star are truly magical in the bay.
gc15982
Vancouver, Canada
“B&B - Beggin' for Breakfast”
Reviewed 21 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

Dec 19-21: We had purchased a groupon for 2 nights in the suite, a "breakfast basket", and two $50 credit towards any spa service. From the start, there were difficulties communicating with Chris. Left a message on the actual property number & never got a call back until I called his cell. That seemed to be the only number where they were receiving calls. Questions asked via email & a supposed confirmation of the booking were never answered nor received. They have miscommunication between themselves as we had originally booked the cottage, but Jenn, his wife, had already booked it for a family & so we went with the suite.

No problems finding the suite - very clear info on website. However, owners were not on site, but property manager was - again, not informed about this & did call up the owner - & found property manager who was showing other guests the cottage. Not much of a welcome from the manager & she had no idea about our breakfast basket or our spa services, (Previous phone call with Chris had said massages would be from 11-1pm the next day.) She said that Jenn would be coming in from Vancouver that night & would talk to us about it.

We enjoyed a short walk through Sechelt then headed back for dinner in & enjoyed the pool table & hot tub. The next morning, 9am & still no breakfast basket so I called up Chris. He was apologetic & called up Jenn who was immediately at our door. (He said that she got in from the ferry at 10 & saw our lights off so she didn't come to talk to us. I think a phone call earlier in the evening would've sufficed if she was going to come in late?) Jenn was apologetic as it was supposed to be the property manager's job to have the basket there at the time we arrived. So Jenn was off in a friend's car into town to gather what she could for us (pb, jam, fruits, eggs, bread, juice) & she also later came up with some cream for our coffee.

Then there was miscommunication about our massages - Chris had said 11-1pm & Jenn said 9am. Hmm...so my husband hurriedly ate something & went for his massage. (Positive note: he loved his massage which made me glad we went with this deal.) I cancelled my massage as I just didn't feel the right vibe & Jenn refused to transfer my credit to cover my husband's massage. I was thinking that that little gesture would've smoothed things over with all the miscommunication & inconveniences, but that didn't happen.

After our 2nd night, in the morning we cleaned up after ourselves by putting out recycling, garbage, running the dishwasher, putting away the dishes, and everything else asked for by the owners. We wish that we were treated just as well by them.

Overal, my ideal retreat & getaway would not include all this miscommunication, inconvenience & negative /nervous energy of having to deal with details like these. It would've been nice to receive some information that reminded us of the time the massages were booked along with the wireless internet code in the breakfast basket. (We kept forgetting to ask for the code.) FYI: Regardless of the special groupon for a breakfast basket, their website does say a "self-catered breakfast of cereal, coffee, tea & juice" - only coffee & tea were available.

I would recommend this location to friends & family if they were not going based on any special deals or coupons as it seems that you would be begging for things you're paying for.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet, peaceful location; hot tub
Liked least: Miscommunication, inconsistent communication via email, lack of some amenities as outlined on website
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
21 Dec 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback. This was the first time we have every done a Social Shopper Voucher and were not fully prepared with the voucher offers. I am so glad it did work out in the end and your husband loved his massage.
After your feedback we got the kinks worked out and our assistant Lesley supplied all 50 breakfast baskets to the Social Shopper guests with efficiency. We have been rated the most booked out accommodations on the Coast because we are always looking at improving our quality and standard to make our guest feel like they have had the best stay ever.

So thanks again for all your valuable input.

Chris and Jenn
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing