“Always Good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We always look forward to the summer when we can go and relax, have a great meal and a glass of wine.

1  Thank Bert0572014

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I really wanted to try this restaurant before I left the Sunshine Coast. I'm a sucker for marinas and restaurants looking out over the water (and boats). The fact that this was a floating one also appealed. The dining room was charming, the views great and the service superb. My dish of prawn and chorizo jambalaya was slightly disappointing (the cheese a bit de trop? the rice a bit dry?) but my minor disappointment might better be put down to my stomach deciding after a few mouthfuls that this wasn't really the dish I was in the mood for. Chef came out herself to ask if I enjoyed the meal - nice touch and very genuine. Will certainly return when next on the Coast.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was one of those meals I'll never forget. If you're visiting the Sunshine Coast and are looking for a high end meal the Upper Deck is an absolute must. Nothing else on the coast comes even close to the amazing dinner experience they offer. The scallops were the best I've ever had, melt in your mouth delicious. We also tried the coffee crusted pork tenderloin it was outstanding. Great choices for wine and with a setting like this you'll want to stay and have a few glasses. And for dessert the banana flambé was the most enjoyable dessert in my recent memory. We came on a fairly busy night yet the staff made us feel like we were the only ones there, they were very friendly and easy-going something that really impressed me in a fine-dining establishment. This place is now a must for me whenever I find myself back on the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Excellent seafood, especially the halibut, but delicious lamb shank for the meat eater. Good choice of wines, especially bc wines. Warm throws to counteract the September evening coolness. Reasonable prices

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We tried this restaurant a few years back, on the night the previous chef owner was about to retire. It had an excellent reputation, and we were not disappointed. Since then I have been curious to see who took it over, so we tried it again about two weeks ago. These were our impressions. Understand, this location is part of a marina, with a laid back attitude, but still a rather high- end clientele. Having said that, I found the service ever-so-slightly snotty. Contrast this with some rather unprofessional practices...i.e the chef walking around in her shorts, the dishwasher coming into the dining room (on his break) with a plate piled high with food, fishing around for cutlery in the buffet, then shovelling food into his mouth as he walked through the dining room. The food? Quite good, although a bit cooled off. I had the scallops, my husband the pork tenderloin. We both liked what we had, but for us dining is a whole experience. We love this area, but would probably check out a few other places before coming back to the Upper Deck.