We had the pleasure of staying in the tenthouse suites last weekend. There was only one tenthouse available when we booked last minute and it was one of the less private ones. The front desk offered to put us in one of the more private ones for one night so we could experience it and then move us to the other one on the second night. We just had to pack our bags and leave them in the room and they moved them for us. What a great option because we liked different things about both of them. The suites were gorgeous, clean and the beds were heavenly.
The views are like nothing you will ever see anywhere else. Sitting on our deck, overlooking the ocean with a bottle of wine was amazing. We ordered room service and had it within 20 minutes. Someone had posted that the restaurant was expensive. I'm not sure where you're eating because it was very reasonably priced for such wonderful food.
We had breakfast the first day at the resort and it was incredible. Great view, service and the bacon benny waffles? Ridiculous!
We rented kayaks one morning and that was wonderful that we could do that right from the resort. When we returned, we had massages in the outside tents and they were perfect. Great spa staff and well trained.
The manager Dikran made a point of checking with us a few times to see if we were happy. I suspect if we were not, he would have made it right very quickly. He was a charming host and I was very impressed with his easy and hospitable manner.
There was a wedding checking in and there was a large crowd at the front desk. We were coming to get our new keys for the second night. Ivan at the desk saw me, reached behind the desk and handed me my keys over the counter. Wow! He knew why I was there without me saying a word and didn't want me to have to wait. Pure service!
All of the staff were wonderful but Andrea really stood out for us. With her easy going east coast accent and her happy personality, we were so impressed. She was just a doll and very accommodating.
My boyfriend and I have been to many high end resorts and Rockwater is at the top of the list. Great food, great service, beautiful setting and amazing suites. I can't see how anyone could ever complain about anything here. We will be back next summer for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay