We stayed at Rockwater in a tenthouse for our honeymoon. We loved the view from the tenthouse, and I loved having a room that didn't require us having to walk through a hotel, it made it much more private.
I was a little surprised by how close the tenthouse was to the boardwalk. We still had plenty of privacy, it just meant that we had to keep the windows facing the boardwalk closed. Ideally we would have liked to have opened them all.
It was very windy while we were there, which made it very loud in the tenthouse. I loved this! It made the experience more memorable.
Our deck was very hot in the late afternoon and once the sun went down we had to go inside to avoid the mosquitos. I loved sitting on the deck and enjoying coffee in the morning.
We bought a adventure lunch one day, and it was very dissapointing. The portions were very small, they did not include everything that was listed on the menu, and they did not provide a fork for the salad. Skip it, it was way overpriced! We had room service from the restaurant one night, we were not overly impressed. Although, the service was great!
All in all it was the perfect honeymoon. I would love to revist the tenthouses and the sunshine coast is beautiful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay