I stayed here for one night this August for a wedding in one of the tent suites. To sum it up it is not worth it when there is new places like the Pointhouse that are close enough (at half the price), and the service/cleaning might be better.
-View is nice
-Nice to be located at resort if you are attending a wedding there
- Tea in room was fantastic
- Bed is comfortable
-Food in pool area is definitely not suited for pool. This needs to be fixed and maybe have a snack menu suited for the pool.
- Pool area service is bad. Who doesn't bring napkins and cutlery when serving people food. I ordered, and had to ask for this. My friends joined me later, and also had to request this.
- Fireplace in room was not working. It would make noises like it was trying to turn on, but it wouldn't. It does get cold in the tent suite at night, and the morning, so this would have been nice.
- The room staff should be cleaning the glass on the balcony. Every day they should take a squeegee and do this (or at least every other day). You get this room for the view, and there was bird poop on the glass and other marks. When sitting on the patio furniture you have to look through the glass, and this definitely took away from the experience.
- Receipt was not e-mailed to me even though I requested it at check out and didn't take a printed copy with me
- Wedding food was dry. Was not sure if this was the fault of the hotel, or the wedding party was late for dinner.
- Check-in staff seem aloof. You get the friendly vibe, but not the professional vibe. It is definitely a small town community type of feel with the staff (which Halfmoon Bay is small).
I think that this hotel capitalizes on its past glory and weddings. As new hotels pop up, this hotel is going to need to consider lowering its rates. I paid almost $550 for one night. For the price, you would think that everything about the suite would be impeccably clean, and the services in its facilities be of a 5-star quality. I understand that this is in Halfmoon Bay where the lifestyle is more laid back, but if it wants to charge the prices it does, it needs to up its game. Higher end complimentary toiletries (maybe even the bulgari ones), working amenities, and on-point staff. I don't think that I would stay here again unless offered a significant discount. I saw pictures of the Pointhouse and some properties offered on AirBnB, and think that I would choose them over this.
All of that said, I am thankful I stayed in the suite versus the three bedroom cabin I booked earlier. I visited friends that were staying in a cabin, and I definitely would have felt claustrophobic in it. They said their bed was not comfortable, but I got a good sleep in mine. If you do have to stay here, I recommend a tent. It is a lot more money, but better than a cabin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay