My wife and I booked a three night stay in one of the tent suites for our honeymoon, our total cost was $2800.00 (ouch) but included was a $175.00 (their value) dinner, two $35.00 breakfasts, one 1 hour couples massage along the water, one couples facial and a float plane flight through the sechelt inlet (sorry do know costs of massages and inlet tour but I am estimating $200 each for the massages and 140 for the flight). So basically, for three nights in a tent suite cost us $2000.00, basically you are paying $650/night to sleep in a tent, we do not regret it as we felt three days of pure bliss as far as sleeping was concerned.
There is a kayak rental place on site but we went out for an hour and a half and they charged us well over $100, I would recommend renting elsewhere for a few days so that you aren't forced to have them back before 5pm (closing time). We did not use the pool as it was busy and full of the guests staying in the other suites on the premisses. w
They try to pull off the fancy restaurant thing by over charging for their food in a dining room that definitely needs to be upgraded...one night we had dinner a little later, they left the doors open to late and the restaurant was filled with mosquitoes, my wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon warding off mosquitoes, to which we were offered a can of OFF! from the friendly server but we weren't planning on smelling like bug repellent on our romantic night - totally disappointed with how they handled things in this regard. I would recommend eating elsewhere, as the food is not worth the money or the bug bites. The staff is however, exemplary, we always had very friendly service with a smile from attentive service.
The spa is very good but not excellent, the outdoor seaside tandem massage that we received with out honeymoon was super relaxing but it's right beside the dock and the kids playing were slightly disruptive. Again, not a knock on the staff, as they are top notch massage therapists!
You do not get Wifi from the tents despite what they tell you. I used my phone as a hot spot in order to get internet, which was not really necessary for this type of escape, so no gripes about that.
Overall, if you don't mind the price tag, this is a great place for a romantic getaway. I would suggest to the hotel themselves to work toward a few things:
1) Isolate the restaurant so that bugs cannot get in
2) offer a more expansive menu throughout the day as the night time menu is lacking and too pricey
3) Build a quiet pool for those looking to relax (adult pool) without children
Great place to relax but not easy on the pocket book - not for value seekers, especially when it comes to eating at this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay