I first experienced Rockwater with my fiance (now husband) over a year ago. We wanted a relaxed and luxurious getaway with a flavor for adventure ... not an easy mix to find. Upon arrival, we were intrigued by the dirt road wandering up to the property. Around the last bend, were we ever surprised! The wooded drive gives way to the most majestic view of the cove; the hotel is exquisite with expansive grounds surrounded by lush forest and arbutus trees. The cabins dot the property and are quaint and quite rustic but when we peeked inside - wow! Gorgeous, spotless ... beautiful amenities like fluffy terry robes and decadent duvets!
After touring the grounds, the hotel and restaurant, we dipped our feet in the pool overlooking the ocean. Too cold to swim as it was storm season! We strolled up the boardwalk to our tenthouse suite - toasty and warm, heated slate floors and the most breathtaking sunset I have ever seen (and I am from NW Ontario!). Our dinner was 5 star cuisine - a great menu from the chef and fantastic wines! The staff is incredible ... they treated us like family! We loved our stay so much we booked our wedding the following June! Again, not one complaint! Kevin, Maria and the rest of the Rockwater staff made our holiday and wedding one to remember! Everything was looked after from start to end ... set-up, organizing, a rain tent (just in case), welcoming guests and delivery of gift baskets to rooms ... even a last-minute tuxedo emergency with the groom ... his button fell off and someone ran up all the way from the front desk to sew a new one on! What more can you ask for? Phenomenal.
We have already booked our one year anniversary!
I cannot recommend this resort property enough - if you are looking for a touch of adventure in the great outdoors, yet want to eat gourmet cuisine and enjoy the spa life, Rockwater is for you! Year round it is fantastic ... when the weather is warm prepare for kayaking, the outdoor spa, horseback riding, golf ... even private catered excursions. For even more fun, book a seaplane to fly you in! When it is winter, sit back and relax with a good book and a fine glass of wine. Absolute Heaven! Trust me, you will have a blast, rain or shine! Jennifer Gibson-Malone
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay