While the area is nice, and the tent suites are quite cute, the value for money in this resort is just not there. We stayed in a three bedroom Ocean View cabin. The 3 bedroom cabin is $CAD 265 per night plus you have to pay an additional $CAD 25 per person for every occupant over 2 (not 2 years old - double occupancy). What could be the point of booking a more expensive, three bedroom cabin if you are only two people?? Cabin is about the best work I can think of to describe the unit. It is not luxurious in the least. It had not been properly cleaned when we arrived (the remnants of someone's animal cracker were in a corner and remained there for the duration of our stay). The kitschy mismatched faded plastic Adirondack chairs on the balcony were our first warning that the marketing far exceeds the reality. Claustrophobic rooms, and a living area with only two chairs and horrendous decoration ensure that you will spend very little time in your room. As others have said, with the rates that you pay, you expect a level of luxury similar to what you would get at a five-star hotel. Make no mistake. This is no five-star hotel. It is more reminiscent of a road-side motel run by the Beachcombers. Don't get me wrong - many of the staff are very kind, but they are not of the calibre you expect when paying $300 for a cabin. Another turn off was the fact that our cabin was less than 40 metres from the septic system (and yes, you can smell it). Fortunately there were other cabins ever closer so we counted our blessings (Cabin 6 is about 10 metres away - beware)
Similar experience to others in the dining area. Tacky and outdated, the waitresses level of professionalism and knowledge is about what you would expect at a local diner. That said, many were very kind, it is just that when paying so much, a lot is expected. This place does not deliver on any level, except perhaps the location.
To be fair, the tent suites are nice and the boardwalk unique and charming, but at $429 plus tax, there is no way it is worth it. Can you imagine what you could get elsewhere for that money??? I am not sure I could even swallow spending that money if a friend offered me free nights as a gift. I would just feel ripped off.
For someone who wants to vacation along the Sunshine Coast, I am sure that there are many other options out there. I would not recommend wasting your money on this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay