Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Painted Boat Resort(Madeira Park)
View Hotel
The Stonewater Motel(Madeira Park)
View Hotel
Ruby Lake Resort(Madeira Park)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewstent suitessunshine coasttenthouse suiteheated floorssecret covethe main lodgebeautiful locationget awayjacuzzi tubour honeymoonunique experienceceiling fanromantic getawayon the rockscouples massagemini fridgespa services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Thank you to everyone at Rockwater for making our wedding such a great and relaxed experience!

My husband and I decided to go to Canada to get married and chose the Rockwater as it offered an elopement package. I have to say that Halfmoon Bay is just as good as the photos on their website! Our time there was just amazing and the views from our tent house were stunning. Food was lovely and the staff couldn't have been more helpful! Everyone was so friendly. Our wedding day was so relaxed, especially the massage by the sea. Everything that we needed was organised so we really didn't need to do much on the day other than enjoy the 35 degree heat! Possibly could have been a parasol on our varanda as we had no shade but I think it was the hottest day on record so can't really moan!

The photographer did an amazing job, we are really pleased with our photos. All our friends and family have raved about them. The service by the sea was just what we wanted so would recommend going to the Rockwater for a wedding or romantic weekend and would definately go in a tenthouse.

Thanks again for making our day so special.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I choose your resort as a surprise anniversary tripafter seeing the pictures in Sunset magazine. However, the realty of the tent experience,the incredible dinning coupled with the natural beauty of the Halfmoon Bay area, went beyond our expectations. What a unique and romantic get away. We came from Idaho and will make Rockwater part of our future travel plans.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2009

When we arrived we were not given the best service by the staff. We had to ask for help to bring all of our wedding gear up to our tenthouse. Although, our bell boy was very helpful. The tent houses are amazing, just be sure to close your doors before all the mosquitos get in. I was covered in bug bites the next day for my wedding ceremony! Our friends stayed in the resort and the rooms were very basic and in my opinion overpriced.
We really enjoyed the view for our balcony, the tub for two and the heated floors. We wouldn't ming coming back to relax for a week during the winter in one of the tenthouses. Nice place to just sit back and read a good book.
We ate at the restaurant both nights. Make sure you have reservations as the staff doesn't seem to appreciate unexpected guests. The dinner was good, but again overpriced. Also, there is not a lot to choose from. Our morning and evening staff were much more delightful than the first night!
One last word of advise, if you plan on doing a massage, make sure you have time to shower afterwards. I had to go straight from getting a massage to getting my hair done for my wedding. No time to shower and I felt oily all day. I never really thought about it when they recommended I have my massage the day of the wedding because it would relax me...not so much!
Overall, beautiful location! We couldn't have asked for a pretty spot, but it is a little overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We attended a wedding at the Rockwater Resort and booked a room for ourselves and a 3 bedroom cabin for our extended family 3 months in advance. Rockwater's policy is to charge for your room at the time of booking. When we arrived we were told that the resort was full and they offered accommodation 10 minutes away. We refused to accept their offer as we were attending a wedding. Our room was a large one bedroom suite overlooking the pool. I stayed here 25 years ago when the resort was called Lord Jim's - it hasn't changed much - definitely hasn't been updated. The 3 bedroom cabin with one very small bathroom was "rustic" at best. The mattresses in the cabin were so worn you could lose yourself in them. Needless to say that if you didn't have back problems before you slept on these mattresses you most likely would after sleeping on them. On a positive note the setting is exceptional and the food at the wedding was very good. We'd recommend a lunch or late afternoon cocktails as the view is worth the visit. We wouldn't recommend staying here as it is terribly over priced. They are charging 5 star prices for 2 star (at best) rooms.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank YVRTraveller2010
Reviewed 16 September 2009

I gave a trip to Rockwater as a gift for my brother and sister-in-law's 60th birthdays. They took their close friends and each had their own tent suite. I was fretting and worrying, hoping that everything would be perfect, but all for nothing. They had a first-class experience, golfing on excellent courses, eating fabulous food, choosing from an exensive and impressive wine list, and enjoying the ocean view from their tents that included radiant floor heating, claw foot tubs overlooking the water, comfy beds and every single amenity a guest could possibly want. The gift basket with wine, cheese and fruit that I had preordered was a welcome touch and turned out to be exactly what I'd hoped. My family and their friends loved their unique gift at a place that my brother said "thought of everything," and they couldn't thank me enough. They even had time for a fishing charter with an excellent guide. Don't waste a second thinking about booking a trip to Rockwater. Just do it. You'll be so glad that you did.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends