Because we own a hotel we know that things are sometimes out of our control and can go wrong. We also know that good customer service can rectify most things. There is no excuse for people to leave an establishment feeling cheated or insignificant.
This is what happened to us at The Rockwater Resort. We left a letter addressed to the manager that nicely explained our complaints. We did not get any response and after three months we again sent a memo. Finally we got a patronizing 'form letter' sent by a guest services personal. As an owner/manager in hospitality I expected at least a personal note from the Manager.
We reserved at the resort about a month ahead of time to spend a relaxing evening away from our high-stress positions. We checked into our amazing tent suite, opened the patio doors,dug out the long awaited novel and put the wine on ice to chill. This is where utopia ended. The tents above and beside us became inhabited by a very loud wedding party .The celebration went on from 4:00 p.m.until 9:30 p.m. The lovely huge door bells hanging by each tent to announce visitors became our torment as children found ringing them facinating. Loud voices, high heel shoes on the boardwalk and people passing back and forth just outside of our tent made our lovely evening stressful and frustrating.The decent thing for the Resort to do would have been to either place us in tent away from the wedding guests or to have warned us upon reserving that there would be a wedding giving us the opportunity to reschedule.
Now for the dining room. We were placed near the walkway and everytime the waitperson walked by, the table would shake and our dishes would rattle. What was with the floor? The special was a halibut dish which was quite lovely but when a lemon was requested we were told there were no lemons in the kitchen. Wasn't this advertised as a first class restaurant? Once again the dining room was filled with the wedding party. We had walked over to the main building from our tent to get away from the noise and now they were also invading our lovely quiet dinner. Because of the attention this crowd demanded we felt insignificant. We must have been invisible because the only time we saw our server was when she walked by shaking our table. Definitely not a satisfying experience.
We would not recommend this resort. The tent suites are a unique idea but the resort is over priced and does not live up to it's five star rating. Also the staff has not been trained in proper customer service and the manager obviously does not care about the"little" guy. If you want a beautiful getaway where they treat EVERYONE special we would recommend The Long Beach Lodge near Tofino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay