We booked into this hotel as we were visiting the nearby Dinosaur Park as a family. My 2 sons and their families and my wife.
The hotel staff were very good and very attentive, the room was fine, but a little dated. The food was very good, both the evening meal and breakfast. The staff in the Pro shop were very helpful, and I enjoyed the course.
But I would ask the manager to look at two small problems that do need his attention, first we asked for a cot to be provided in the room, it was very dirty, and my son had to clean it before, before his daughter could use it.
The internet connection is the worst I have ever experienced in any hotel I have stayed at. The hotel advertised free internet, I could get a connection in my room, but when I tried to download my daily newspaper it failed after trying 3 times, so I decided to go down to Reception to see if there was a better connection there, it was very slightly better, but still poor. At home I can download my daily newspaper in about 25 seconds, and the longest I have waited in any other hotel was just over 2 minutes. It took me OVER 30 MINUTES at the Wensum Valley Hotel, this is a disgrace for a modern hotel, please, please rectify and update your internet.
I will return in the future as apart from the above problems, I enjoyed my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 350 acres of breathtaking Norfolk countryside you’ll have plenty to choose from at Wensum Valley Hotel Golf and Country Club. Perhaps you are thinking of taking a weekend break in Norfolk, or a Golf break in Norwich, and would like to be only 5 miles from Norwich’s nightlife, shopping and culture and just 30 minutes from the beautiful North Norfolk coastline. Our convenient location and transport links make us the perfect Norwich Airport Hotel. Whatever the purpose of your visit, anything is possible at Wensum Valley Hotel, Golf and Country Club.Wensum Valley Hotel offers 2 of the finest golf courses in Norfolk. Both 18-hole courses are free draining, meaning they are playable all year round with no temporary greens! Our 90 en-suite rooms are both comfortable and welcoming after a round on the course, fishing on the river Wensum or a day out in Norfolk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wensum Valley Hotel Golf and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wensum Valley Hotel And Country
- Wensum Valley Hotel Golf And Country Club Taverham, Norfolk, UK