“Great place to stay”

Hotel Keller-Residence
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leimen
Hotel Keller-Residence
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Leimen
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My husband, three cats, one dog and myself PCS'd to Germany from Washington state back in December of 2005. (it didn't give me the option to select this date in the drop down) They were nothing but gracious to us from the first day we checked in. The rooms offer kitchenettes and although our room didn't have one they do have a few rooms with "American sized' refrigerators. Ours had a mini bar style fridge but it was actually fun to walk to the little market down the street and shop for what we needed for that day. Shopping is within walking distance to the Keller Residence as is downtown Leimen which has some of the best dining and convienant public transporation down to Heidelberg. Once a week they had someone come to clean the apartment and she was always very nice. The rooms were spacious and fully furnished. When we would go down to pay our rent at the end of every week I took note of all the awards and letters of recognition they recieved from the US Military so I know a lot of Americans stay there when they first arrive in Germany. They offer free internet access as well. The only thing I can say that is even slightly negative is the parking around there can be a task. The parking lot is small and if you don't get there early enough you have to park on the street. Still, a small negative amongst the sea of positives I can say about this place! :)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 May 2010

Recently accepted a job in Germany, and stayed at Keller residence until I found a permanent place to stay in Heidelberg. I cannot say enough about the Keller Residence or Slywia and Thomas who run the apartments. They made me feel right at home and catered to all of my needs. They recommended places to eat, drink, and see in the area. I looked forward coming home to work every day and just chatting with them. After staying there three months I consider them both friends of mine now and hopefully still see them around town. Rooms are huge and clean, they are close to public transportation, the strasse and bus is only a short walk down the street and you can be in downtown Heidelberg in 15 minutes. There is also a handful of restaurants and bars and shops within walking distance of the apartments in leimen. The Keller residence also offers rental cars at 10 Euros a day and free phone calls to the US (landline only) and free high speed internet.

I would recommend anyone to stay at the Keller who would be looking for a short term apartment rental who is either transition in or out of the Heidelberg area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I just moved to Germany in January 2010 and my office put me up in the Keller Residence until I find a house of my own. I have been staying with Keller Residence for 3 months so far...and will be here for another month or so since I do not move into my new place until June 01.

They are very accommodating and I have to tell you, you can't beat this place. The Staff is friendly, offering advice on travel, and on areas to live, etc. They have a great cleaning staff that will clean your apartment weekly which is perfect. I have not had a bad nights sleep thus far (well not counting the first few nights of jet lag). The beds are extremely comfortable and my apartment is HUGE. It has plenty of room with its own kitchen, big living room, and dining room.

If you need a rental car, whether for short term or long term, they are very accommodating. I think the car rental was 10euros a day, which is unheard of around town or if you were to go through AVIS or something it would be so much more!

The parking is just fine, and since my SUV arrived a couple months ago - I haven't had any problems finding parking/fitting into their parking lot.

I absolutely recommend this place! Everyone around here knows that KELLER RESIDENCE is unbeatable....which is why we put ALL of our new personnel up there at Keller until they find a home of their own here in Germany.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2010

A friend recommended I stay at the Keller Residences when I PCS to Heidelberg. From the moment I placed a call from the US to reserve a room, Sylwia and Thomas couldn't have been nicer. They were very accomodating to my needs even before I got there. Once I did arrived, they made my first week away from home enjoyable and comforting which was important to me since I was traveling alone. They were always asking what can I do for you. I will miss them when I eventually leave for my permanent residence. I have already referred two peopel to Keller and would refer more if I was asked where to stay. Thank you Slywia and Tom for your first class service.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2009

for PCS -ing families a great place to stay, fully equipped spacy and cosy apt.`s
- have all what a family or person for longer stay needs. very friendly and helpfull staff.
we and our dog enjoyed it staying there

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2008

PCSing from Honolulu to Heidelberg Germany, we were in need of a place to stay for approximately 60 days and one which would accept our cat also.

We had been told about this "hotel" by several other DoD employees. It's not so much a hotel as an apartment building owned by a private individual. Apartments are rented for short term, maybe some for even longer than our planned stay.

We took a 2 bedroom apartment. All is provided from furnishings to kitchen items such as dishes, pots and pans, microwave, stove, refrigerator, coffee maker. You can get by with what is provided. There is a cleaning service which comes on Mondays to do the floors, change the linens, and clean the bathrooms. Washers and dryers are also available as is free hi speed internet. There is a phone in the apartment, you pay for your calls.

Garage access is provided with the flat.

If you are military related and traveling on orders, this will fit in your per diem and better than living in a regular hotel and eating out everyday.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Mimaboy