“Awesome service.”

Combate Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Cabo Rojo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a wonderful time. My 12 year old liked the pool and the beach was very nice. Service was very pleasant very helpful. Looking foward to visitig again and staying longer. Cabo Rojo very nice town. We had an awesome vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The service from the staff is very good, friendly and attentive. Everyone we talked to was super eager to please. The room in the main building was big and super clean. The pool area and hotel grounds are very clean and well kept. The beach is fantastic, very nice access. The reason I can't give higher marks is the food and the price, the complimentary breakfast is just bread and cereal. Pastries and fruit are an inexpensive addition that would make a big difference. We were also never able to find the free wifi. For a little more than what we paid here we stayed at El Conquistador last year. It was an overall good experience, however I don't think it is a good value for your buck.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Combatebeachresort, General Manager at Combate Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for choosing Parador Combate Beach for your vacations. I'm glad you had a great time at our hotel. I'm sorry you didn't liked our continental breakfast. The word “continental” is used in various terms relating to continental Europe such as continental breakfast and continental lifestyle. Continental breakfast is the morning serving of choice in most small hotels and Inns in North America and Europe. Typically, includes coffee, tea, juice, bread or pastry, butter and marmalades; and usually presented in a buffet table at the lobby, or in a small dining area.

At Parador Combate Beach, the “continental” breakfast is served at Xabores Cyber Café, and is ampler than a typical continental breakfast. It includes a variety of sliced breads and bagels, butter, preserves, jams or marmalades, cream cheese, dry cereal, milk, a bit of fresh fruit, tea, orange juice and freshly brewed Puerto Rican coffee. A toaster and a microwave are also available for your convenience.

Next time you visit us, if you are for a larger breakfast, we also offer for a nominal fee, other items a la carte such as fried or scrambled eggs, omelets, bacon, sausage, pancakes, sandwiches, French toasts, local bread toasts, and hot chocolate, among others.

Ask our employees for suggestions, as you said, they are always "super eager to please". We love to serve our guests and make their stay a very enjoyable one. I hope to see you back at our hotel.

Xavier A. Ramírez

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel great staff, however I have to rate you low this time. I travel from Melbourne Florida and I alway stay here or try to spend a weekend here. This time I understand it's summer the hotel is very crowded but manageable but I have to rate you low due to the management of the breakfast in the morning. Your employees are allergic to come to the table, lack of smile and they love to hide in the kitchen. You know is summer you know you are going to be hotel full and you where not prepare for the rush. Your employees did not replace the food (cereal, fruits and breads) at the rate of the people flow. I saw a lots of people leaving without eating, upon requesting fruits you run out of fruits. You only have different kind of breads but then you only have a home toaster for the amount of people was bad. Since the only that you offer is bread and bagel you need to get a commercial type toaster so your client don't have to wait an eternity to get access to the toaster.
Tony we miss you on the weekend of 8-10 July. Last time I was here your attention and you briefing about the area, your care of people and care of the food display was missed.

Room# 8 was clean and nice but your faucet (labamano) the water flow was so slow it was hard to shave and wash my face. Recommendation adjust the water flow faster and controlled with the water saver cap

I normally stay in la hacienda and I was expecting same features in the room at the hotel ( microwave, wifi ) and was not like that. Please improve your wifi to reach the rooms.

Please don't drop the ball you are a great resort !!
I will continue recommending your place in my travel agency.

Www. TheIdealTravel.com

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Guayoyo

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Parador Combate Beach for your vacation. We are glad that you have stayed with us more than once. I'm sorry you didn't had the best experience at the breakfast restaurant. I will personally verify what might have happened with the food replenishment. Also, thank you for the toaster suggestion. Due to your recommendation, we are currently looking for a bigger one.

In terms of our WiFi, we provide a complimentary WiFi service in all common areas of the hotel, including the Lobby, Restaurant, hallways, and recreational areas. Due to the solid construction of our buildings, the WiFi signal is not available in all rooms.

The bathroom faucet at your room was verified and fixed. Thanks!

We hope you come back soon, and that your experience is as you expect.

Xavier A. Ramírez

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Clean, new and modern Hotel..great beach just behind the hotel with tree´s for shadow.. nice bar with good food and drink just around at the beach...Annie´s Place!!! Super nice owner and staff..
Just the small one way plastic dishes for breakfast absolutely don´t fit to the hotel and produce lot´s of garbage!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jean W
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay, service was amazing, all was very clean and organized.. The price is a little high but after all we enjoyed the stay and it has many other attractions walking distance.................................................

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, friendly staff. Stayed for a 3 day weekend and really enjoyed it. Hotel staff was very nice and ready to help. Only thing I would add to the hotel is a restaurant. They serve a complimentary breakfast but guest might benefit from an on-site restaurant.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stay at this Parador on June with a bunch of my fellow bowlers club members.The location near the Combate beach is excellent for the sea lovers. There are good restaurants at a walking distance. The service was excellent from the reception thru the check out . I want to mention Tommy jr. for his amability and advice to make our stay an outstanding one.
The rooms are big with a good air conditioning and satellite tv. The pool and surroundings are very clean.
Certainly we recommend this hotel if you are athe southwest of Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: room # 9 was excellent near the pool and the beach gate. You can park your car in front of the room.