Hotel Parador Joyuda Beach
Hotel Colonial(Mayaguez)
  • Breakfast included
Parador Oasis(San German)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The place is in desperate need of TLC but overall is OK ... we stayed at a 2 bed room with hot water and a/c, no fridge , TV w/ remote control and cable TV. Staff is ok, friendly and helpful.. The restaurant ASIA is not good at all, we ate something once and where very disappointed.. the alfredo sauce taste like can sauce and the waiters are slow and not friendly at all, the restaurant is in the premises of the hotel but if you are not eating at the restaurant you can not even seat at the tables near the restaurant to enjoy the gorgeous view.. They had live music Monday night and they where good.. The pool is ok .. Don’t fall for the free breakfast.. is only salty crackers, OJ, and black coffee .. DID I mentioned that the beach is just like 20 steps from the hotel and the views are to die for .. that is the only + of the place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ccamacho2003
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Looked around to do something different for New Years (My wife and I wanted something away from all the noise and business of San Juan) so we shopped around and we found the deal of the year $124.99 including taxes for a 2 night beach side hotel. Yes, it is an old property and they do have problems with the rooms smelling of humidity (I strongly believe that the bathroom extractors aren't quite powerful enough. FYI JUST OPEN THE WINDOWS FOR A WHILE AND IT WILL BE GONE) And yes I have been to those motels that charge you per hour with better TV's and room amenity, but come on people this hotel is just a place where you spend the whole day on the beach, take a shower, go out for dinner (maybe 12 to 15 great restaurants down the street) after dinner go out drinking and enjoy the nightlife around the bars and restaurants in the area, go back to the hotel and crash on the bed... Next day repeat the same sequence.

My wife and I spent the whole Jan 1st sitting at the nearly private beach mostly by ourselves drinking and eating (the hotel will let you bring your own ice cooler and food) all day long

Truly a Great Experience, its not a Ritz Carlton or even a Holiday Inn BUT FOR THE PRICE IT'S THE BEST PLACE AROUND JOYUDA!

PS. I gave cleanliness a 3 because the room wasn't vacuumed just only swept and mopped and the windows curtains could have benefited from a nice dusting from a vacuum. Rooms just a 3 because its a bed, an old tv, an a/c and not much else. But the Staff, Location and Value are a solid 5 stars !

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Huevoloco
Reviewed 6 September 2012

If you are not very picky it will do the trick, the place is not dirty it is just old and outdated. Yes, the beds are hard as if you were sleeping on the floor. The sliding door in room 124 was rusty and it was hard to open it and close it. I'm under the impression the hotel does not have a good supply of towels (maybe guests have been taking them) as I had a party of 5, but they kept leaving me 3 towels, when I went to the front desk to ask for 2 more they said " the towels left in your room are the towels you supposed to get" of course I argued a little, and was able to get few more. The restaurant is not open all the time, it takes longer than normal to get your food, so if you are really hungry, I suggests don't eat there because you will be upset. However, the food is ok, and Peggy is a very nice waitress. I believe they are just short of staff. On a positive note, we had a party of 23 people including 8 under the ages of 10, the fact that you can use the pool at all times was a blessing, many places you stay, the pools are closed usually after 10:00 pm, not a this hotel, we were Able to use the pool at any time. The gate to the little private beach closes at midnight, so we were able to hang out at the beach until that time. Also, as we put the kids to sleep, we could sit in the patio in front of our rooms and chat, drink and laugh until the wee hours. Overall is a very relax place to stay and hangout with friends and family.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lauranet
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Spended a weekend at the Joyuda beach. When we arrived we were attended by a rude mummy in the front desk. We went to our room which smelled awfull, had the feeling we were at an elderly center. The ac will freeze after a couple of minutes and the room got very hot. There were Mosquitos and small roches every where In the room. There was also a water filtration coming from the roof which was falling on top of one of the beds. The beds were hard and dirty. The bathroom was nasty, hairs Inside the shower and dirt all over. The tv was not working correctly it felt as if everyone on the screen was a relative of Hulk, because everything was green. The pool was disgusting, the floor was slimmy, the water was dirty and it was super small. The restaurant at the place had no variety in there menu, the food was not good and they took a very Long time. We tried to have the best out of the worst. Couldn't wait to go home. Overall experience never again, take advice and don't waste you're money. You can find a much better place.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Abcdefghojklmn
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stay at the hotel for mothers weekend... and what a bad experience. We found that the room has a bed that looks and feels so bad. It was imposible to sleep in such a hard mattress, and in the bathroom you can find cockroaches, we have them there with us. The service was good. We did our food out of the hotel so we can not tell about the food.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple