“Romantic, Natural and unique!”

Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Cabo Rojo
Cayey, Puerto Rico
“Romantic, Natural and unique!”
Reviewed 28 April 2011

The hotel is great for couples and families, the service is great, the food is awesome and the views are unique. In no other place in Puerto Rico you will have the peace and quite to observe the amazing sunset of the west coast.
Moreover Playa Sucia is at a 15 minute ride if you use a 4x4, this beach is a hidden pearl in this part of Cabo Rojo.
I would reccomend this hotel to anyone interested in discovering the real beuty of Puerto Rico.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Bahia_Salinas, Asistant Supervisor at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
We are happy to know that your stay was pleasant in our Parador and the idea of our concept is to relax from the daily routine. Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We rented a car in San Juan and spent a few days driving around the island - we had booked ahead of time through Expedia and weren't sure what to expect. However, Bahia Salinas more than exceeded our expectations. It's a long drive to get there but absolutely worth it! Excellent staff - everyone was very friendly and approachable in spite of our lack of Spanish skills :-) My husband and I both thought the food at their restaurant was the best we'd had on our trip. The infinity pool was breathtaking and we enjoyed swimming while watching the sun set over the ocean! Room was clean and well kept but still had a beach "atmosphere". We loved everything about this place, right down to the free wireless, shampoo and tasty PR coffee in the rooms! We agreed that next time we visit Puerto Rico, we'll definitely be spending a few days here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
We are very happy that you have had a very good experience to our Parador. We are making improvements in our rooms and facilities for the enjoyment of all. The idea of our concept is to relax from the daily routine. Thank you for your review.
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I recently came to this side of the island for local business meetings and decided to bring my family along. My wife has family close to the resort and while I attended to my work, she had the opportunity to visit them..Turns out that as soon as I arrived to the hotel with her and my daughters, there was no leaving! She was absolutely blown away with this place and ended up inviting her family that lived only a short distance away along to stay with her. I couldn't feel better watching them admire the views and beauty of this place. Just knowing that although accustomed to staying in Hotels due to work trips, there was a special emphasis made on returning as Many -Times- Possible, just to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of this paradise and stunning views, Wowed me. I totally recommend this to whom ever has wished for a piece of heaven on earth experience. By the way, totally affordable and a true getaway!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Bahia_Salinas, Asistant Supervisor at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
We are very happy that you and your family had the best experience in our hotel. We are continuously making changes for the better enjoyment of our guest. Thank you for your review.
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I thought this is a nice little rustic place to stay.
I liked the roughness of the rooms (tiled floors, wicker furniture, spanish-style construction). There was no bathtub in the room we stayed at, but that was no biggie. The water pressure on the room seemed quite low, but I was able to bathe my baby and I after a while. I enjoyed the restaurant and the price included breakfast and dinner, and the food was decent. There are nice hammocks around the property and cute little gazebos and sitting areas to take pictures and admire. My baby enjoyed looking at a big white parrot that was caged near the restaurant. There is also a kiddie pool which is excellent for parents with infants toddlers.
My husband enjoyed the lighthouse and beach close to the 'parador'. BEWARE: You really need a car to drive around, as the access to the beach and lighthouse is through a difficult dirt road (you almost need wheel drive to go through, but we were able to make it in our rented sedan). It'll probably take maybe an hour or even more to walk towards the beach through the dirt road. There aren't many other activities other than beach, pool & lighthouse, so I would not recommend staying for more than 3 or 4 days. Also, there aren't any nearby stores to purchase stuff or even to eat. Luckily, the restaurant is decent enough. Overall I would recommend this place for a quick get-away lasting no longer than 4 days.
One drawback. Little bugs that pricked us at night made late dinner unpleasant. Other than this, it was an overall pleasant experience for the family. Great place for a quick get-away.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank famvargascuevas
We are very happy that you and your family had the best experience in our hotel. We are continuously making changes for the better enjoyment of our guest. We are sorry about the bugs that bother you during the dinner even thou that we try to control it with OFF or with the torches that we have they always bother, but other that we are happy that you enjoy your stay and we hope to have you back soon.
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2011

we spent three nights at the Bahia Salinas...thank God we rented a Jeep, because it was remote and rough ride but so worth it. It has a romantic feel to it as soon as you enter the gate. I wish they had better enclosed parking but the car was fine and they do lock the gate at night. The pool was an infinity pool face the ocean with the best Sunset we had seen in a long time. We got to eat in their restaurant and the ambiance was superb and so was the food. I was so glad that the room did not have rugs but their decor could have been better the bed cover had stains and I had big issues with the bed. Besides needing more attention to room decor we did enjoy our stay and it was so quiet we slept like babies and we would come back;)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed here May 2010 with my boyfriend and parents for my birthday.... The location is beautiful although its a little hard to find.
1. When we made the reservation we asked for an oceanview room with a balcony. When we got there the rooms assigned to us were in the 1st floor, small with absolutely no view. We complained with the front desk and they immediately gave us another room, wich wasnt much different. After our 2nd complaint, we weren given a villa above the pool wich was amazing. (The pictures on the website are of the villas NOT of the standard room) Do not be fooled.
2. The "Spa" is beautiful, but very very very expensive. I've payed less for the Spa in Hotel San Juan wich is one of Puerto Rico's best hotels. Also, the massage therapist was EXTREMELY PUSHY!!!!!!!!
3. Pool area and grounds are kept very clean! I have no complaints there. The infinity pool is gorgeous!!!!!!! Spectacular view.
4. Loved the restaurant... The staff was awesome, very friendly, Drinks were fairly priced, Loved the mixed friut drink they make!!!
5. Be sure to rent a car to check out the surrounding beaches. Playa Sucia is by far my favorite beach in PR!! Be sure to take the hike to El Faro, if you are lucky, you can even see dolphins.

Overall i would give it a 9 out of 10. The staff&owners were very proffesional and friendly. Rooms were very clean. IOnly downside was the room situation the 1st day (wich they took care of) and the massage therapist. We plan on visiting again in April of this year.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank missroc86
Bahia_Salinas, Asistant Supervisor at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2011
We are happy to know that you have a great time in our hotel. We are sorry that you ask for a 2nd floor with ocean view and you didn't get it but we are glad that we help you get the room that you request. We always try to please our customers as long as is in our reach. We are going to make some changes in our Parador for the enjoy of our guest.

Carmel, New York
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I went to Bahia Salinas for the first time & I have to say, it was very nice, I liked it. Great place for a family with kids or just a couple, only down fall is that it's far from everything, except for the light house & the beach (Playa Sucia). But if your looking for peace & quiet, Bahia Salinas is the way to go. Place is very beautiful, rooms are very spacious and there was always hot water, which is a big plus!! Only thing I would change is the menu. U don't have any selection, u sit down, they bring you what ever they have and rob you $13.50!!! lol.. Well, that was breakfast, I didn't want to try dinner. I guess that's the advantage they have since nothing is around. The staff was very generouse to me, they were very friendly, I had no problem. Other than that, I have no complaints, definitely would go back there again...

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Bahia_Salinas, Asistant Supervisor at Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2011
We are very happy that you have had a very good experience to our Parador. We are making improvements in our rooms and facilities for the enjoyment of all. Soon you will be making some changes to our menu also for the enjoyment of all. Thank you for your suggestion and have a nice day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo Rojo
#2 of 5 in Boqueron
Hotel Parador Guanica 1929
Parguera Plaza Hotel
Parador Villa Parguera

Been to Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel? Share your experiences!