Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel
Combate Beach Resort(Cabo Rojo)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$134
US$158
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Vistas de la Bahia(Cabo Rojo)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$105
BOHO Beach Club(Boqueron)
US$125
US$150
US$139
  • Pool
Cofresi Beach Hotel(Boqueron)(Great Value!)
US$105
Sol Casita(Cabo Rojo)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinfinity poolplaya suciabreakfast and dinnerla pargueraflank steaklounge chairshidden gembeautiful beachan amazing viewgreat poolsmall hotellighthousesunsetprcanopycoastgate
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The Bahia Salinas is set up all along the Caribbean shore, so it starts off with the fresh scent of the perfect blue Caribbean Sea as a backdrop. They are mangroves and it's a little icky to swim - in fact you sink up to your knees but the Bahia has gorgeous infinity pools scattered around with lounge chairs. The salt flats are near by as well as a nature preserve and a beach where you can take long walks to the lighthouse. The restaurant is wonderful, the service was excellent - the staff is professional - friendly, helpful and the servings generous fresh and beautiful. The morning buffet was great, hot, lots of coffee and fruits. Off season the place feels like it's yours. My only discomfort was the room. You had to have air conditioning on - the pests didn't allow for open windows and it was too warm for that anyway, and although I felt it was like sleeping in a cement bunker and didn't sleep, I would go back in a heartbeat and probably opt for a second story room with ceiling fan and blast the buggers out. This probably wouldn't bother most people and the place is very tranquil, beautiful and the staff top notch. Our meals were average restaurant price, a little on the high side but for the quality and variety well worth it. In spite of the feeling of being in a cement bunker at night, I love this place.

Room Tip: If you prefer open windows and don't like being hermetically sealed, the second story rooms have ceiling fans and nice big windows.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Marlene S
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Pros:
1. Dinner and Breakfast that were included in room cost were descent.
2. Kayaks were available to rent onsite (For $15/hr extra charge)
3. Rooms were clean, Bathrooms need major renovations.
4. Not too far of a drive to the lighthouse (only attraction around)
Cons:
1. Very High security which makes it very inconvenient if you want to enter your “Resort” after 8 PM. (No Guests ALLOWED at any time of the day)
2. Was not allowed to bring luggage cart out to my car to retrieve suitcases.
3. NO COOLERS… even though there was no refrigerator in room.
4. Staff does not maintain poolside furniture. (Tears and rips in lounging furniture)
5. Beach maximum of 2 ft. deep… Not swimmable.
6. $25 EXTRA charge if you do not turn off your room lights and AC when you leave the room.
7. Restaurant was open air which was hot and no fans, lots of small mosquitos that bite.
8. Bar was not open a lot of the times we went up to get drinks. (Place seems under staffed)
9. Very secluded from everything (nothing to do in the evening as the pool closes at 7PM!)

For the cost of the room I was expecting A LOT more. We were thoroughly disappointed with our stay. I would not recommend any travelers to stay here. Keep searching for another place to stay as this place is NO RESORT…

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank FLWorldTravelers
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We happened to find this hotel after a full day in Playa Sucia (one of the best beaches in the main land, if not the best). We just needed a place to crash for the night and leave next day so I had no expectations at all. I was delightfully surprised when we passed the check in area and found a hidden paradise in the middle of nowhere. Clean and warm infinity pool overlooking the Caribbean Sea, flowers and coconut palms in every corner, sun beds, canopy beds and lounge chairs everywhere. We witnessed a beautiful sunset from the pool and thought that this is a great place for couples to retreat from routine. Very romantic, especially at night when you can lay down on one of the lounge chairs right on the beach and watch the stars. Lots of mosquitos on the evening/night due to the nature of hotel's location. Bring Off! and problem solved.

We were 3 ppl and room was spacious for all of us. It was not fancy, luxurious or cozy, just sufficient for it's purpose. Here is where I think the hotel should make improvements. I don't think the rooms keep up with the beauty of the hotel grounds (at least our room). They can have better amenities, decor, illumination, overall make them more appealing. The price for one night was not exhorbitant but when you pay over $150 you expect good amenities and a room that invites you to stay in at least. Granted, the room, bathroom and towels were clean; bed was comfortable (Queen size) but I am not sure if I would pay 2+ nights for that room. Maybe they have better rooms, I like to give the benefit of the doubt!

Full breakfast buffet was included in the price (all you can eat). I am not picky with food so I enjoyed my breakfast very much. Scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, waffles, bread, cereal, fruits, coffee, tea and orange juice. They also make omelettes for an extra price ($5 I think). The view from the breakfast terrace is beautiful and is a nice add-on to the experience. Restaurant and bar close strictly at 8. Can't comment on food and beverage as I didn't try either of them but the Piña Colada my friend ordered was tasty. Reception will give you good recommendations of where to eat and what to do in town. Kayak and bike rentals are available for a very reasonable price. They have Spa services for a reasonable price as well but it will depend on therapist avaialbility.

I found the staff to be more prompt and diligent rather than nice. They don't exactly go out of their way to cater all your needs so if you're one of those people that require tons of attention and royalty treatment I recommend you to book somewhere else. Yes, they have school-like rules like returning the control remote at check out or not going to the parking lot with the pool towels but I understand businesses need to keep track of their inventory. Would you let people take stuff that belong to your house?

I wouldn't choose Bahia Beach Resort for a 2+ nights stay unless I make sure I have a very nice cozy room that invites me to stay and sleep in there. Grounds, breakfast and location are the best this hotel offers in my opinion. If you're laid back and don't mind about top notch service or how your room looks then go for it and book this little gem now.

Room Tip: Rooms have no fridge which can be a downer if you're staying for more than one night. We didn't have hot water either.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LylyM_13
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Great location, awesome beach...
The management is short on staff, that leads them to be slow on service and also tend to be angry and not so friendly. Maintenance is not as good so there are a couple of broken things. Facilities are nice but they need remodeling. You also can't stay after you check out or you will be charged extra for using the facilities. The new administration turned the place unappealing, cause I visited a while and service used to be decent

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Eljoch2
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I been going to Cabo Rojo for years 8 times, twice this year, new owner is a thief! he charged my credit card after leaving $25 for AC use! unheard of! also $26 for a check that was paid for in cash at the restaurant! some belonging went missing during my stay!
the bed had hair and brown stains all over the covers and sheets it was disgusting!
consider staying at Combate resort which is few miles away and right on the beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo