“Good option but expensive”
Review of Vaiven Tasca en el Mar - CLOSED

Vaiven Tasca en el Mar
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: You can enjoy the impressive panoramic view towards the Bay of Puerto Real and its fishing village. The tables are located in the open inside and outdoors. The menu? Genuine Spanish tapas, seafood, our specialty paella, and more. Complete selection of wines, beers and the sangria is the specialty of the house.
Reviewed 17 February 2013

This is small outside bar and rest. In one of the Puerto Real marinas in the west side of the island. The food is decent but expensive. This place don't have a good parking facilities. If you are traveling with friends in few cars be prepare to leave some of them outside of the parking of the marina. Sunsets are beautifull.

PuraM687, Owner at Vaiven Tasca en el Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Customer:

Thank you for taking the time to express your dining experience at Vaivén Tasca en el Mar and for giving the good notes on the service and the property, but on value deducted some points. Our Restaurant prices reflect the price of the quality of raw fresh products we buy to prepare outstanding meals. Please let me know perhaps in details what your comments are to meet your expectations for a future visit.

During the weekends we have available Valet Parking service free of charge for the convenience of our customers. We regret that it has not been noticed by you and your friends upon entering the Marina.

Respectfully,

P. Morales

Reviewed 8 February 2013

After at some reviews decided to give it a try. But disappointed has to be the adjective for this one. Ordered sangria: undrinkable; waiter had to take it back! Hummus was watery (not the consistency used to try) and in general the best thing was the attention of the waiter which tried to safe the situation.
It is right by the marina and ambiance is relaxing in the outside.

PuraM687, Owner at Vaiven Tasca en el Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Your comments are much appreciated for if not through the voice of our customers, we would not be able to do it better the next time around. I thank you for your kind remarks regarding the location and friendliness of my staff.

I truthfully hope that you could visit us once again.

At your service,

P. Morales

Reviewed 17 January 2013

The restaurant was average. My husband and I went for dinner. We had to order drinks at the bar and pick the drinks up ourselves. The server did not care to bring the drinks to our table. We ordered the asparagus salad. The asparagus were canned not fresh. Many dishes touted a special sauce which was a simple olive oil and vinegar sauce used in many dishes. The view of the marina is very pretty. Overall, it was a decent place to have a drink and small plates.,I, however, disagree that it is a fantastic place.

Thank you for giving us a feedback on your recent visit to Vaiven Tasca en el Mar. I appreciate the positive comments and informed our staff about the other issues you mentioned. We try our utmost to please our customers and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again.

P.Morales

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I visited and absolutely loved the place. Food was great, staff helpful and friendly. I highly recomend this place. Visite este lugar y la comida es riquisima, fresca, y el personal muy amable. Se lo recomiendo!!

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I went yesterday with all my family and we love it. Great service, perfect food, 100% recommended. The place is near the sea, you can have a perfect dinner or tapas. Remember the entrance is a little hidden so you need to pay attention so you dont pass it.