“Good food, bad service”
Review of Vaiven Tasca en el Mar - CLOSED

Vaiven Tasca en el Mar
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: You can enjoy the impressive panoramic view towards the Bay of Puerto Real and its fishing village. The tables are located in the open inside and outdoors. The menu? Genuine Spanish tapas, seafood, our specialty paella, and more. Complete selection of wines, beers and the sangria is the specialty of the house.
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We waited like an hr for appetizers, no pkng and they were offering valet the most desorganized and delayed pkng in the world!!!

2  Thank mariarodz
There are newer reviews for Vaiven Tasca en el Mar

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I have eaten here many times and always leave happy. The food although expensive for western Puerto Rico, is worth the money as it surpasses anything around here. The staff is first class asking my name the first time I came and all of them have always remembered and give me respect of family on every visit. I am leaving the island soon and will miss all the good times here. Thanks to the team at vaiven for always making my experience worth remembering.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The "Paella" plate is very good!!! Excellent place to visit with family and friends. Great view of the marina and Puerto Rico west coast.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Been visiting the place every time go to the Island. But since early 2013 , the place has gone downhill consistanly. Poor service, fried food served cold & the wait somewhat unexplicable, since the place was not full . Sure , the ambiance of the marina helps to ease the discomfort of the food ( frozen sea food - not fresh ) & slow service. Hope they pay attention to these key elements , it is just a shame it is NOT as it used to be.

PuraM687, Owner at Vaiven Tasca en el Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Hi! Respectfully I inform you that maybe these words are for another establishment.

Vaivén Tasca en el Mar has never been a "Pub". Since its opening it has always been a restaurant with a family atmosphere, the same owners and employees. We have always worked hard. Our menu and the quality of our recipes have also always been the same… In our facilities we have our own fish market.

Anyway, I invite you to talk to me personally during your next visit to Puerto Rico and see how we can please you and get a better review.

Hoping you have a good trip to California,

Pura Morales
Owner

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Been going sence opening. Vaiven is refreshingly different in the Joyuda/Puerto Real area which is a very good thing. Food is excellent (Mero rebosado, Carnitas), staff is very well trained, friendly, and go above and beyond the norm in Puerto Rico for good service. The owners are incredibly good people and will make sure you have a good time. The place is family friendly and the location is perfect. I even do a pit stop on my way back from the beach on the boat.. is that convenient, with the marina there. Sea food is super fresh with the Pescaderia next door.

1  Thank Juan M