“Worth the wait”
Review of Tino's Restaurant

Tino's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 144 Restaurants in Cabo Rojo
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We got there around 6 pm on a Saturday and the place was full. Only had to wait a few minutes to get seated. Had to wait quite a bit from that point on, but it was worth it.

We ordered some lobster things for the appetizer which were all right. The menu had quite a few fish options, we got one in garlic sauce and one in butter sauce. Both were very good although there was quite a bit of sauce. I had the mixed seafood mofongo and it was heavenly.

The waitstaff is really hustling but this place could badly use just one or two extra bodies. The waiters take your order and then go get your drinks -- but they have to make the drinks themselves -- margaritas, mojitos, etc. Really slows down the service. We were given bread, and some people around us got salads but when I asked if we were getting salad, they were out. But they quickly brought us out more bread to make up for it.

Despite things taking a while, I really would recommend this place. The servers are working hard and were very friendly, our guy didn't speak English particularly well but we made do and he was very nice. Other employees we interacted with were similarly very busy but nice. You just have to be assertive and call one over sometimes when you need something.

When I paid the check (had to get up and walk over to get it because they were so busy), the waiter shook my hand and sincerely thanked me for coming. When we left, the restaurant was only about half-full, which makes me think many patrons come here early to try to get their orders in before the place fills up and service slows down.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were in the area and were looking for a decent meal. We took the TripAdvisor recommendations for this place and, boy did we love it!!! The mofongo was the best we had, definitely try the mixed seafood. Service was terrific and the prices extremely reasonable.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Just got back from PR. Here's how dinner started at this place. A young kid sits us down right away and hands us dinner menu's. He then say's "What do we want as a appetizer" I say buddy, I havent even opened the menu yet. He takes our drink order and walks away. 15 minutes later a second kid comes over and takes our appetizer order. 20 minutes later 1st kid appears and drops off 2 drinks. A 3rd waiter comes over and takes our dinner order! Meanwhile watching this chinese fire drill unfold before our eyes, it was just plain chaos throughout the place. Other dinner patrons grabbing waiters for drinks and food orders. Needless to say it took 1 hour and 30 mins for our dinner to arrive! It sucked on top of it. Mine was luke warm. Not only did the service and food stink the place is on the wrong side of 308. Meaning no water view. How people rate this place so high makes me very very suspicious of the whole write up and trip advisor.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for over 25 years. The food is very good and the price is not high. It is in Joyuda, Cabo Rojo in an area full of sea food oriented restaurants. We have been to others in the area but this is the only one that never disappointed us. The service is also good. Something to try is the "Mofongo relleno", that is plantain stuffed with sea food or fish. Of course their lobster is very good and fairly priced too. I highly recommend this place.

Gabriele

1  Thank Restaurant618
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Most testaurants in Joyuda are great but Tino's is above most of them. Staff is very friendly and willing to serve. Fresh fish is offered daily, ask for the fresh catch of the day and they will help decide.

Atmosphere is great and the staff really care about details.

1  Thank ECoruns